Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Roadworks just before Denis Mahony !! Beware !!

Options
  • 29-01-2006 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

Last night at about 3am I was heading for the M50 at Denis Mahony's and there is a temporary tarmac BLOB across both lanes that is a bloody disgrace.

Make sure you slow right down as the feeling of 18" low profile rubber going over it a bit too fast is not a nice one. How I didn't buckle all four wheels I don't know.

Road tax my arse.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Ah yes... the Irish road engineers' method of filling-in pot holes and trenches: pile the tarmac up 4 inches above the rest of the road and let the traffic tamp it down. No need for steam-rollers - can't remember when I last saw one.

I wonder do the council not just care (although they end up going out to repair the road 6 weeks later) about who they allow work on roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I love that road maintenance seems to end at the line for the hard shoulder on the N3 :mad: Pulled in to get past a car looking to turn right and thought I had gone off-road!

Problem though is you start to keep more to the centre and it's a habit that you then carry over to the city roads.. as is finding it hard to do 50kph (as most of my driving these days is up and down the N3)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I'm not getting at the OP but this is good example of the trouble that the "I know the road really well" mentality could get you into. A guy died in Kill around that time this morning because he crashed into roadworks.

The first thing you learn as a learner driver is to expect the unexpected. People seem to forget this rule at that time of the morning. Especially when drunk. Which I'm not suggesting the OP was btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

Not really sure what you mean in this instance..

There's a big blob of tarmac which looks quite innocent until you go over it. I doubt anyone could be killed by it but your tyres might, hence me letting anyone else who uses the road know about it.

Advertisement