Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wolves V Man U(May contain scores)

• 29-01-2006 4:29pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Team news

Looks like a 4-3-3 formation

.....................VDS

Neville......Brown...Vidic....Silvestre

.......Park...........Rio.........Richardson

......Saha.......Ruud.......Rooney

Should be interesting to see how Rio adjusts to a midfield role

Wolves team to follow....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

The midfield is very lightweight. Richardson and Park are both wingers and not at all physical. Against Ince, who will be more than up for it, it should be an interesting battle. If Rio doesn't adjust well it'll be interesting.

Interesting to see how Vidic does also.

I'd expect United to win with Rooney to shine as usual, but odds of 13/2 on Wolves are tempting me to a flutter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think it will line out more like this,

....................Rio.......................
    .......Park....................Richardson
    ..................Rooney..............
    ...........Saha...........Ruud.......

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Still waiting on wolves team but Ince is not playing.

PHB wrote:

That is probably more accurate alright. MUTV posted it up as I did but your one looks more likely.

p.s. Park is going to be the key player in this game I think, him and Rooney will destory Wolves.
    It's just whether or not we can hold out at the back, so lets hope Vidic can account for no Slyvestre **** ups

• Advertisement

Looks like I was wrong or should I say MUTV were wrong.

Ince IS playing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Wolves

....................Postma............................

Edwards....Gypes....Lescott....Naylor....

.Seol.......Anderton....Ince....Kennedy....

..............Miller.......Cort......

C'mon Wolves. Either narrow win for Utd, draw, or a complete hammering!

Mike.

Thanks Mike for posting the wolves team

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Its nice to see Park playing again

As for Rio in midfield?Im not his biggest fan,but he as been playing well at the back recently

Richardson 1-0 after 5 mins

• Advertisement

Richardson scores

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Nice assist from Saha. He's starting to impress

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

good turn from saha to cross the ball in. Park looks in good nick, as does vidic and rooney

Good goal from Richardson

And yeah,Saha really is impressing lately,great link up play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

PHB wrote:

I actually think Rio and Rooney there will be considerably more effective than anything else United have fieleded all season..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I actually think Rio and Rooney there will be considerably more effective than anything else United have fieleded all season..

How come Evra isn't playing?

Lemlin wrote:
    Playing 2 new defenders at the one time would not be a good idea. Evra is on the bench

Wolves showing some ambition but just lacking one good ball.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Is this on tv?

Tusky wrote:
    Is this on tv?

Yeah Sky Sports1

• Advertisement

ya sky sports 1

What a finish by Saha 2-0

Damn. Thats that.

Mike.

Who Needs a midfield? ;) That's the third exceptional long ball/pass from Vidic this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Lemlin wrote:
    He picked up a knock against Blackburn as well, maybe just precautionary. Two great finishes so far, I'm happy that the make-shift midfield hasn't been tested too much.

The Muppet wrote:
    Who Needs a midfield? ;) That's the third exceptional long ball/pass from Vidic this game.

He is cetainly having a good first half alright. As you pointed out earlier in the thread about Saha, he is playing very well. It good to see him hitting form at just about the right time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Hee hee, theres a giant ball in the goal behind Irwin. THey should use that in the 2nd half for a laugh.:)

What a Goal Richardsons second.

Great play by Park for Richardsons second

• Advertisement

Saha was unlucky not to make it 4 there with that back heel

ya super play by park there to win the ball and set up the pass to Ruud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

/ note to self

Only idiots bet against United when they are playing a Championship side.

ooh, would have been some goal there from RVN

Good preformance by man utd today. Easy win in the end. Hopefully one of two new midfielders will be brought in before the deadline but to be totally honest, I cant see anything happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Anyone else think gary neville shouldn't be captaining United?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Good performance by United. They were never pressed very hard by Wolves, but still had a confidence about them and went about their business with a bit of style. Very surprised with the midfield line-up bearing in mind that both Smith and Fletcher were fit, but the odd couple of Rio and Rooney did fairly well. It'll be interesting to see who he favours against Blackburn on wednesday. Rooney hasn't scored in 7, Saha can't stop scoring, one of them might have to be sacrificed if Fletcher and Smith come back into the side.
    Delighted for Saha. A lot of people seemed to forget that he was producing this kind of form in the first couple of months of his United career when he arrived from Fulham, before his injury. He's getting back to his old ways now, long may it continue. Also impressed with Park, first game back after a few weeks missing with injury but you wouldn't have thought it. I think he did enough to keep his place for wednesday, even if Ronaldo is available again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

hmm, doesn't seem quite right to me

I still think Ruud should be captain, but Neville isn't a bad captain. If only Rio hadn't ****ed up the contract negotiations, he'd be captain, but he did.
    Heinze for captain :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

PHB wrote:
    I still think Ruud should be captain, but Neville isn't a bad captain. If only Rio hadn't ****ed up the contract negotiations, he'd be captain, but he did.

Nope have to disagree with you there PH JRooney for captain. And it's not because of that Ingerlund ****e, it's just that in the last few games he is the only one that played like he really cared (nev included). Plus the fact that his work rate is phenonemenal. Besides it'll give him free rein to tell the refs where to go. Now can't you see how much that would wind up the ABU's :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Besides it'll give him free rein to tell the refs where to go. Now can't you see how much that would wind up the ABU's :D

Yeah cos that what Rooney needs, a chance to get booked at least once a game.

• Advertisement

Heinze for captain! or Van Der Sar and Rooney in a few years when he cools his head off fully and gets more experience

PHB wrote:

Neville is a **** captain, he acts way to hard which makes him look stupid. He is trying to hard, he needs to sit back in defence and stay there. Ruud for captain. Maybe Rooney in a few years

Heinze for captain!

I would agree if he had been at united longer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

I thought united were superb in the first half. I think our momentum dropped when fletcher and smith came on in midfield. There was noone making play in the middle, whereas in the first half rooney was playmaking.

I know it seems like a waste to have rooney in midfiled, but in the current state of injuries, I thought he played very well there and made us like like a team again.

Was at the liverpool game last week and rooney might aswell have been playin in midfield, he was up and down the field like a midfielder should be!

As for captain.... it's a tough one - i agree with an earleri post - the only player that looks like he deserves it at the minute is Rooney. He's playing with a lot of heart!

However, I think that might be one step too far and may go straight to his head! I think neville was the easy choice for captain. Ruud isn;t involved enough in the game. Heinze is too kamakazi-ish - Rio... say no more... So Neville is the safe bet, not neccessarily the right choice!

My two cents!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

Great performance by United, Was very impressed with Vidic,he has the eye for a long pass, which will defo be useful. Ferdinand in midfield?? i missed the burton game so this was my first time seeing him play in there. I thought he was excellent, way better than smith or fletcher. I wouldnt be worried about Rooney not scoring as he's involved in everything that United do going forward, he's an absolute class act.
    I personally would pick Ji sung park before Ronaldo every week? he was quality and was a lot more direct than Ronaldo who likes to beat the same player 3 or 4 times before putting a cross in that the first defender just heads out. I thought United should have crushed wolves though and had they been a bit more clinical they could have won 5 or 6 nil.

i dont think Neville should be in the first team at United never mind about being captain. He is always the weak link, his distribution of the ball is Sh*te and he missed the empty goal yesterday from about 12 yards out, F*ckin idiot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

I didnt see the game or hear how Paul Ince did, but a few weeks ago I read some reports that he was instrumental at Wolves this season. Its amazing to see an "old player" like this, who I believe is 39, still performing well. Also, playing in midfield is not an area where he can slouch around.

So, just saying well done to Ince, an ex-player of Man U and for Liverpool briefly as well.

redspider

redspider wrote:
    I didnt see the game or hear how Paul Ince did, but a few weeks ago I read some reports that he was instrumental at Wolves this season. Its amazing to see an "old player" like this, who I believe is 39, still performing well. Also, playing in midfield is not an area where he can slouch around.

So, just saying well done to Ince, an ex-player of Man U and for Liverpool briefly as well.

redspider

He scored a cracker that wasn't allowed!!!!!
    Other than that - he was very slow as you would expect at his age, but experience and quality still shone through!

" A cracker"

Ah come on now. How was it a cracker when all the players around him stopped and the keeper just stood back and watched it going in.

It was a sweet strike, that VDS probably had covered, but you never know.

Aquos76 wrote:
    " A cracker"

Ah come on now. How was it a cracker when all the players around him stopped and the keeper just stood back and watched it going in.

Ah cmon - how can you not say it was a cracker - I'm not sure VDS would have got to it - it was right in the corner.....

Although VDS is a tall bugger.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement