Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advertising on Websites.

Options
  • 29-01-2006 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, i just want to get some input from ye about placing adverts on websites. We are all fairly familar with google ads pay per click program but i'm wondering who are the best standalone advertising company to go with for adverts. I.E. an add for something like Pepsi or the new Honda car to be placed on your website.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Have you looked at tradedoubler.com?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Bananna man

Poker websites are very profatable if your website audience are likely to be interested in online poker. They will give you between €60 - €80 for every customer that comes from your site or you can also opt to get 25% of the profit they make off that customer for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

squibs wrote:
    Have you looked at tradedoubler.com?

is it just me or is the tradedoubler selection quiet poor? apart from dell, jamster and apple they dont really have much.

of all the programs i would recommend their Inkclub.com program.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

It depends which tradedoubler site you use.. There's a better choice on the UK one, though they may be blocking signups from Ireland now ...

I registered with tradedoubler.com but i can sign into the .co.uk site and the programs are the same. Im only getting the localised ad's which is good but when i search for all the programs available, i get 15 results.

are there any other pay per click programs such as adsense? i have a site that is going to be extremely busy for about one month between mid february and mid march and i want to have the best ads in place. its a sports site so i have ads from bookmakers on there but i think the pay per click has more potential than referrals in this case.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

ebay or amazon adverts?
    doubleclick.com
    salesonline.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭leftofcentre

I am confused, do you want to place ads on other peoples sites, or get ads on your site?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

I am confused, do you want to place ads on other peoples sites, or get ads on your site?

ads on my own site

Which site?

i found this on my travels.

http://www.affiliateguide.com/

not sure how good the programs are but plenty to search through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

blacknight wrote:
    Which site?

the music site that's in my sig, the website should be done in the next week. I'm most interested in ads in the forum thou at this stage. Since its the most frequently visited.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭cianuro

the music site that's in my sig, the website should be done in the next week. I'm most interested in ads in the forum thou at this stage. Since its the most frequently visited.

Apart from direct/in-house advertising, your options are limited to

CPC networks (Cost Per Click) - Google adsense, other contextual ad networks
    CPM networks(Cost per thousand impressions) - Tribal Fusion, Casale, Euroclick

CPM networks tend to steer clear of forum sites and low traffic sites (Understandably). However, I have had some wonderful experience with BUDSINC www.budsinc.com as they have a 100% fill rate which is great if you can get it approved for a forum.

In my experience, the best way to monetize a forum is to go the CPC route. I know you mentioned adsense, but I suggest you stick with them for a while and experiment with your placement.

There is a great heatmap here:
    http://www.jensense.com/archives/2005/10/best_forum_plac.html
    You should play around and try different blending options.

There are also many PHPBB mods available for adsense, for example to place adsense ads automatically as the second post in your forum.

Google are also now serving rich media formats to certain publishers, and that should be released soon.

Hope that helps... even a little :)

Unless you get a lot of traffic you're probably better off focussing on adsense etc., for the moment

Adsense is actually quite good IMO and you have the choice of picture adverts as well as text based ones. You can also filter out certain competitive URLs from advertising on your site.
    I like it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rooney_david

Did you try www.cj.com

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭cianuro

Did you try www.cj.com

I have had some good results with CJ for finance type websites. The account management section is pretty complex, but they have a MASSIVE list of publishers. Most of the top honchos use CJ.

I've just started rotating google, CJ and tradedoubler ads on some of my sites. I'll keep you posted as to performance.

Whats the URL squibs? I wouldn't mind comparing the differences between the three for the same site. PM me if you rather.

PM sent - you'll need to do a good few refreshes before you see ads from the three sources (I've got them weighted). Would like to hear any observations you might have.

For some reason CJ doesn't appear as much as google or tradedoubler.
    the red google text adverts are difficult(ish) to read IMO.

• Advertisement

Kbannon - the frequency of the ads is due to the weighting I have given them in my ad rotation package. Thanks for comments re google ads.

no hassle.

Advertisement