Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Porthsmouth - Liverpool

• 29-01-2006 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Liverpool

Reina

Kromkamp, Cara Hyypia, Warnock

Gerrard, Alonso, Sissoko, Riise,

Morientes, Cisse.

Subs: Carson, Finnan, Kewell, Crouch, Traore.

Portsmouth

D Kiely, L Primus, D Stefanovic, A O'Brien, G Vignal, G O'Neil, S Davis, M Pedro Mendes, R Hughes, M Taylor, V Pericard

Subs: J Ashdown, B Priske, A Cisse, A Karadas, S Todorov

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Crouch & Kewell on the bench ? Good to see Krompkamp getting his first start. Cisse shouldnt even be in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Pressure's definately on Cisse and Morientes today, with God back in the squad on Wednesday. Gerrard to score first and Liverpool to win 3-0 please - 50/1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I think Rafa reckons Cisse is going to be very fired up, pity Luis Garcia is'nt being risked nor Hamann.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Surprising team selection apart from Midfield. Portsmouth have a chance against that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

I thought Agger might get at least a place on the bench today. Played well for the reserves during the week apparently. Might be keeping him for Birmingham midweek.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Strong lineup for Portsmouth. 4-5-1 is it?

Cisse owes a big performance, particularly after last weeks shambles. He was embarassing.

Nice to see Kromkamp starting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

glad to see Kiely playing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Can't see the point of Troare taking a space on the bench (not least because he's woefull). Theres already two left-full's on the pitch, so with not much chance of both of them having to come off, the sub position could have been better used.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

theres something "i'm a frail little rich kid" looking about kronkamp, the way he carrys himself doesnt inspire me with much confidence. seems very lightweight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Snore-fest of a match so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

el rabitos wrote:
    theres something "i'm a frail little rich kid" looking about kronkamp
    :D

1-0 Stevie G (Penalty)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

2 - 0

riise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

2-0 Gwan Riise:D

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Gerrard to score first and Liverpool to win 3-0 please - 50/1.

Could be on for a nice payout there. The way its going now though, this could be more that 3 . Also I would be surprised to see 22 players on the pitch at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

2-0 and the reds are lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Probably not on as much of a payout than the referee getting it.

Terrible game so far. Scrappy stuff. I think alot of it has to do with the pitch and the wind. Lovely goal by Risse though.

Well that was a dodgy peno but no complaints about the way Gerrard took it or Riise's goal. Pompey nearly had the game killed dead with their formation and tactics which unfortunatly Liverpool ended up playing into. Gerrard won't stay wide, hopefully Victor will cure that problem.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Stekelly wrote:
    Can't see the point of Troare taking a space on the bench (not least because he's woefull). Theres already two left-full's on the pitch, so with not much chance of both of them having to come off, the sub position could have been better used.
    Traore is cover for centre-back *shudder*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Gerrard to score first and Liverpool to win 3-0 please - 50/1.
    I hope they don't get 2 more for your sake...that's a nice bet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Terrible decision by the ref on the peno, but I'll take it. Portsmouth's tactics are depressing - kick everyone in sight and put three men on anyone with the ball. I expect to see at least on red in the second half if they continue that way. The pitch is shocking too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Terrible penalty decision, but the way Pompey were playing I would've expected Liverpool to go on and score anyway.

Good ball in and goal from Portsmouth, 2-1 game on.

SofaKing wrote:
    Traore is cover for centre-back *shudder*

I'd be much more inclined to use finnan as cover. Doesnt Kronkamp play in the centre aswell? Theres lots of possibilities, stop trying to justify Traore's existence.:)

Hope Sissoko is ok, he just got shot.:)

Has he played a game yet that he hasnt been booked in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Game on. Nice header Davis.

Lovin' the boos for Crouch as well btw...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Awful game. Its thats the best Portsmouth can do, I hope they rot in the 1st Division.

Terrible, terrible game. Badly needed the win though 'cos the last thing Liverpool need is a replay with the fixture congestion they have coming up.

Phew! Portsmouth had a good second half.

Warnock=water carrier. Alonso had a pretty poor game for me with little in the way of incisive passing. Pity Kewell was'nt on earlier I think he has more spark then the forwards these days.

Mike.

• Advertisement

Warnock was awful which is disappointing as I'd like to see him given a run in the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Stekelly wrote:
    Hope Sissoko is ok, he just got shot.:)

Hahaha... mmm...

Overall, I've lost patience with Cisse entirely - and Kromkamp didn't look too promising to me either, though obviously I'll give him a chance.

Once again, Liverpool's strike force lacked anything... :-\... thank christ we have a midfield that scores goals.

Warnock was terrible,Carragher was pretty bad, Alonso was quiet, Gerrard was quiet. Dont get me started on Cisse & Morientes. Worst Ive seen Liverpool play in a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Krompkamp was solid, thats all i ask for in a right full cover. I think an old granny took over Morientes's body, when are we going to get him back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

pretty disappointing performance
    hope rafa brings in a right winger asap, thats a real problem atm....gerrard wont stay wide and cisse is a donkey
    morientes is a ghost
    kromkamp doesn't fill me with optimism, but its early days

still won though, which is important

Tusky wrote:
    Carragher was pretty bad,

Ha. Glad you said it and not me... I'm always wary of being the only one to criticise character, fearing a Liverpool zealot backlash but, yep, totally agree with you... worst I've seen them play in a long time myself. A win's a win but - still... looking forward to see if Fowler can shake things up a bit.

• Advertisement

Cara can't be great every game!

I thought Kronkamp did okay esp that overhead kick in the corner! SOmething that spoke of Liverpools performance was the huge amount of head tennis and fairly airmless balls hoofed in hope from between 18 yard line and the central circle. Pass and move dammit!

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Cara can't be great every game!

I know but... I can dream, can't I?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Jesus... The Beeb really picked 3 crackers didn't they?!

Cheltenham - Toon
    Bolton - Arse
    Pompey - Pool

Absolute stormers, all.:rolleyes:

Please god let their 5th Rd choices be better than this...

SebtheBum wrote:
    Jesus... The Beeb really picked 3 crackers didn't they?!

Cheltenham - Toon
    Bolton - Arse
    Pompey - Pool

Absolute stormers, all.:rolleyes:

Please god let their 5th Rd choices be better than this...

Ah well - I'll forgive them since they showed Luton Vs. Liverpool...classic game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

In fairness, what did they expect from Bolton Arsenal? This is always a shockingly poor game, why should this one have been any different?

Also, Cheltnam Vs Newcastle was always a foregone conclusion. Dont feed me this magic of the FA Cup bollox either. Surely West Ham Vs Blackburn and Reading Vs Birmigham would have been better choices in place of 2 of the 3 they showed???

• Advertisement

eyerer wrote:
    pretty disappointing performance
    hope rafa brings in a right winger asap, thats a real problem atm....gerrard wont stay wide and cisse is a donkey

I was thinking about this earlier. Surely Kewell could have been adapted to playing on the right when he came back and until someone is signed. Ciise is a donkey up front, never mind when Rafa decides to make a winger out of him. Surely switching wings wouldnt be that hard for Kewell especially when we are so short of options.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

SOmething that spoke of Liverpools performance was the huge amount of head tennis and fairly airmless balls hoofed in hope from between 18 yard line and the central circle. Pass and move dammit!

that was wrecking my head so much. phoenix park stuff. horrible game to watch. but getting the win sometimes is all that matters i suppose

Playing badly and still winning is a good thing. Utd did it a lot when winning the league. Chelsea have done it fairly often , the start of last season was a good example, they were grinding out 1-0 wins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Painfully **** match. Both teams where muck, conditions didnt seem to help. Still a win though. Warnock was completely ****, so was everyone else though. THe passing was terrible, far to many misplaced passes. Maybe still suffering from the lose to united? Hopefully get a good performance against b'ham.

Don't see why Warnock is getting singled out for abuse, he wasnt great but everyone played badly. It could have been much worse, imagine if Troare had been on the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Warnock was the worst player on the pitch. Everyone else was ****, but warnock was a level below ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Stekelly wrote:
    Don't see why Warnock is getting singled out for abuse, he wasnt great but everyone played badly. It could have been much worse, imagine if Troare had been on the pitch.

I dont see why either, the midfield (Except Riise, what a fecking strike :D )were worse than any single defender. And then we have Moro and cisse, less said the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Kromkamp looked comfortable passing under pressure, and found his midfielders well with short pass's. He didn't fall victim of hoofing aimlessly that often either.

Victor to sign tomorrow I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Stekelly wrote:
    I was thinking about this earlier. Surely Kewell could have been adapted to playing on the right when he came back and until someone is signed. Ciise is a donkey up front, never mind when Rafa decides to make a winger out of him. Surely switching wings wouldnt be that hard for Kewell especially when we are so short of options.

you misunderstood, i meant cisse is a donkey full stop. nothing to do with his position.
    possible point there, when kewell signed i heard he was supposed to prefer right midfield

eyerer wrote:
    you misunderstood, i meant cisse is a donkey full stop. nothing to do with his position.
    possible point there, when kewell signed i heard he was supposed to prefer right midfield

I worded it badly, but it wasnt actually an answer to your post just a general out of the blue ramble. :)

I just like to include how bad Cisse is in as many posts as possible. What I meant by talking about Cisse was that surely, from Rafas point of view, getting a winger to switch wings has to be less of a culture shock than getting a crap striker to be a winger.

• Advertisement
Advertisement