Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honours Irish...!!??

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Funkstard

The level of Irish I see in sample essays in Foinse & stuff is absolutely ridiculous, do they honestly expect us to have that level of Irish at higher level?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Stair na Gaeilge is a handy way to pick up a few points. It's really not hard at all, a fair amount of choice and you only need to know a few lines about each topic. A bit of study will be well rewarded here. It's probably the only place you can't waffle and pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

Simona1986 wrote:
    you only need to know a few lines about each topic. A bit of study will be well rewarded here. It's probably the only place you can't waffle and pass.

- not what my teacher says. she can spot waffle a mile off, and knows people are chancin their arm most of the time!
    and also we've been told to write more than a "few lines" - 3/4 to a full page...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

I wrote approx 8 lines for each part last year in my LC and got full marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

Funkstard wrote:
    The level of Irish I see in sample essays in Foinse & stuff is absolutely ridiculous, do they honestly expect us to have that level of Irish at higher level?
    Well my teacher photocopies some of the sample essays in it and gives them to us to translate(sometimes she does it) and we have to learn off words and phrases from. Well we should have that level of irish considering that we have being learning it since we started school. The problem is with the way its taught e.g my sister is a national school teacher and she told me that grammer isn't even on the curriculum. Btw my level of irish is noway near the the level in those essays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

rugbug86 wrote:
    ok, its 55 for an A2 in ordinary, and 55 for a D1 in honours - why put extra stress on yourself for the same points???
    Doing Higher Level looks more impressive.

Advertisement