Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downgraded now

• 29-01-2006 7:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭

I was on the bus starter package from Eircom, last week after ug modem was syncing at 3072/384 now today i check and ive been downgraded to 2048/256. Im on the Oranmore exchange, anyone else have this problem?

☀️ 7.6kWp ⚡3.4kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Have a look for post's by Mobile Infantry. He's on the Oranmore exchange and is having problems.
    Also have a look at this:
    http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/&/?St=2&E=0000000000009719645&K=5254&SXI=13&case=8439&branch=4
    Looks like there's some work to be done there.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

Eircom downgraded me from the bus plus package to new home plus package. Told me they increased my speed and lowered my bill, what a load of bs!

☀️ 7.6kWp ⚡3.4kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I just went down to 2mb/256kb from 3mb. Grr so angry. Esat have been overcharging me for a few months. Yesterday the manager rang and told us the money would be refunded (over 400 euro) and they would put our line rental to 10 euro and give us two months free bb. This is after they charged us for 2 phone lines and two dsl connections! (I have one phone line with esat).

After I thought all this crap was over they start up again!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

does anyone know why we are all being downgraded to lower packages without being told.. seems a bit daft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭byrnenj

Dunno, but why don't you just ring them up and say you want to upgrade again. Get all the people who they have downgraded and get the to upgrade again! Then you can reverse whatever they are trying to do! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I rang eircom earlier and explained how my line has been downgraded from 3mb to 2mb and they ran tests and said my line can take up to almost 7mb and have placed an order to reupgrade me and that I should have it in next few days. Still tho that doesnt explain why im getting such bad pings and connection speeeds every evening since the upgrades began. my connection is usually stable till 5pm in the evening on weekdays and then it becomes unstable tiill about 11pm and then its fine again through the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

I'm using Digiweb (Eircom wholesale DSL) and from Sunday week ago till last Thursday I had same problem. Till about 5:30 everything was grand and then the connectoin just fell away to practically unusable. Digiweb said it was an issue with the upgrades and would be sorted by Thursday afternoon and they were good to their (or Eircoms I 'spose) word. No problems Thursday night and everything perfect since.

Perhaps you should ring 'em? Maybe they are still fixing probs?

Ive been on the phone to eircom for past 4 days trying to get it sorted,

Advertisement