Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desktop PC to TV advice please,

Options
  • 29-01-2006 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭

So here's the deal. I have some xvid/divx files on my PC, to view these on my TV I have to burn onto cd/dvd and play via my mpeg4 capable dvd player. What I would like to do is to play the files on my pc and transmit to a tv using an a/v sender. My graphics card only has vga connector. What is the simplist most cost effective way of doing this? Are there many options available? Thanks folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭blocparty

if you had a laptop and a new tv tou could use a s video cable. i use it alot at home for the same reason as you. the cable cost bout a tenner i think. doubt your pc and tv have a s video connection but have a look but this would mean your pc and tv would have to be within a metre or two of each other. hence the reason for a laptop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

You need a TV out graphics card. Just get a cheap ATI series or something.

Check your TV for (like above) an s-video or composite cable(usually coloured yellow) connecton .

Enable your 2nd monitor in your PC's desktop monitor and your done.
    From there you can change the way it displays etc.

*composite/s-video only send video. So you will need your PC to have speakeres connected.

Alternative is to buy an LCD TV.

Advertisement