Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

american power tools

Options
  • 29-01-2006 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭

hi guys, is there anyone out there bought power tools from the states

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Yes a 110v senco screwgun and a Compressor and tack gun also senco and 110v.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭patbundy

hi cj,are they any good.im using a cordless combi set at the moment

The Senco screwgun was incredible, We put up about 200 slabs with it and I only had to buy about 2 bits for it in that time, and that was mainly because I double slabbed a lot of the walls with 50mm screws which are a lot harder to drive than the 35mm.
    The Compressor and tack gun seems good I have used it for a bit of T+Gv with 50mm tacks and it drove them no problems. I intend to use it for all the interior woodwork Architrave,Cornice and skirting of which I have plenty to do.
    after using a hammer on most of the upstairs T+Gv I went online and bought it from the states, cost very little on ebay.

the set i have is a ridgid,it consits of a drill,circular saw,sabre saw,jig saw and a flashlight.It must be one of the best ive used and the cheapest

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Aye, just bought 2 drill, 12V and 18V cordless Dewalts, & 2 batteries for each. now I suspect to get stung for VAT from out lovely customs but I got them for 400 euro all in.
    Now to get the chargers in the UK ebay

• Advertisement

thats a bit steep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

What model were the dewalts? I'm considering getting an 18V dewalt for a building project coming up. Thought it would be handy for screwing up the slabs but don't want a screw gun I won't use again.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Corkey123

Yop

That will be VAT and Customs duty to be exact

why dont you do what ive done.go for a holiday to the states and bring in your own tools

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

On a recent trip to the states I bought Dewalt Jig Saw, Recripicating saw, Router and Cordless drill. All top quality at a fraction of Irish prices. I purchased some on ebay and had them sent to a US address and both my partner and I brought them in our luggage...The luggage allowance has recently been reduced from the US so check out allowances if you did intend travelling over....
    A friend also bought Dewalt stuff, Drill, Jigsaw, skillsaw etc, posted them back and managed to avoid Customs...I think with customs charges included there is still a big savings to be made.

• Advertisement

tooledup.co.uk has good prices on tools, dewalt 12v w 2 batteries for £79 stg.
    When I said screwgun I meant the collated screw gun that auto feeds.
    not a 12v drill/driver.
    Those are way too slow for slabbing IMHO.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Pat, steep for 2 dewalt drills!! Have you seen the price of these?

The first is:
    12V DEWALT DeWALT CORDLESS XRP DC980 1/2" DRILL

The 2nd is:
    18V DEWALT CORDLESS XRP DC988 HAMMER DRILL

ha ha ha,i mean its abit steep if you bought them in the states

Is it? Jaysus thought I got a good deal!! Shi** dont pee me off by telling me how much I could havbe got them for ;)

just joking,thats a very good price for here

hey yop check out this site...www home depot . com,this is the place i get most of my stuff.its a bigger version of b&q

Advertisement