Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Investing In Eastern Europe

Options
  • 29-01-2006 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭

I suppose at this stage it's jumping on the bandwagon, but I have been researching investing in property in eastern europe, and am just interested in what your views may be on it...

I know of a property developing syndicate who have made a fortune over there in a few short years, and I want in :D

Of course I'm talking of countries such as Estonia, Poland Lithuania Hungary and in particular Latvia or Czech Republic or even perspective nations such as Bulgaria or Turkey...

Has anyone here any experience or knowledge in this, and what are the pointers to look out for?

I havn't even begun to look at propertys or anything like that, at the moment I'm completely concentrated on location (country...then I can worry about city..then area :))

So any tips, advice or pointers?

And do you think this is wise? Much return on investment? Some great propertys are incredably cheap..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

If you dont have much expierience in speculating in property,I suggest you invest in a property fund as opposed to the direct route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

DubGuy wrote:
    Some great propertys are incredably cheap..
    Some great cheap properties in deepest rural Leitrim - Why not invest there?

The absolute price of the property is irrelevant. What matters is what the property is likely to be worth when you come to sell, and the rental income you will get in the meantime.

You'd need to investigate all the tax impacts before you sign on the dotted line.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I would suggest looking into the legal situation asap as we've come across situations recently where whole apartment blocks had to be knocked down due to the lack of an official property deed - that was in Poland. The property fund end of things is more secure, but more slow burning as regards instant rate of return. I can point out loads of developments in Dubai, The Carribean, Brazil, Cyprus etc where someone has bought off plans and flipped it 6 months later for +/- 60% profit... ya just gotta be in the right place at the right time.

Advertisement