Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banning Procedure

Options
  • 29-01-2006 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

So
    I was banned from the for sales tickets forum..but the mod who did it neve rpm'd me back thus making it impossible to know how to get back onto the board or who i should grovel to..
    so..is it not the process that u get pm'd once u are banned saying for how long ur ban will last et al...At least it was the way when i was barred from other boards.
    So whoever it was, maybe a little lesson in common courtesy wouldnt go amiss.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Its really more of a courtesy than a process, from what I understand. Just PM one of the forums mods, they'll know who did it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

It depends on the mod; generally it's better to PM them so you don't get these kinds of threads (or the "I'm a victim of avatarism!" type pity-me threads), but you don't have to.
    Do as suggested above if you want to find out how long you've got to sit it out for; I don't think it matters that you can't grovel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭adonis

thanks for this.,
    i cant see who the mods for that forum are, as it isnt listed on the general SHOP list when u click on shop..
    So does anyone know who the mods are.? i have tried keeks and Cult -although im sure one could sub that L for another letter- but thats beside the point.
    ... the story continues

flogen wrote:
    It depends on the mod; generally it's better to PM them so you don't get these kinds of threads (or the "I'm a victim of avatarism!" type pity-me threads), but you don't have to.
    Do as suggested above if you want to find out how long you've got to sit it out for; I don't think it matters that you can't grovel

i wouldnt start this thread if i didnt have to, believe me...there is no point in airing dirty laundry in public..so i would pm the mod if i could..but dont u think the mod should pm me?? as he/she is the one instigating the ban?
    and if i dont know what mod it is, how can i pm him/her -- just to point out a flaw in your logic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

adonis wrote:
    i have tried keeks and Cult -although im sure one could sub that L for another letter- but thats beside the point.
    ... the story continues

I think the story will end there actually.

Also, you can log out to find out who mods, or check the forum list. www.boards.ie/vbulletin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

http://felchingisfunkids.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50692513&postcount=5

Is why you were banned and looking over your posts on the board I see alot of "I have it for sale on ebay...or on buy and sell" which if I had seen it sooner would have earned you a perma ban anyways :)

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Personal abuse? against moi? On top of the other problems highlighted in this thread?

Well, I don't tolerate such toolery on For Sales; or any forum for that matter. Consider your ban broadened to the category and extended indefinately.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Does nobody else think that mods should send a simple PM to the member they banned, saying why they were banned and for how long?

I think it should be a mod rule. I got banned once and i didn't know why or by who so i had to PM all 4 mods of the forum and all 4 replied. I found out in the end why i was banned and for what. But if in the first place the mod who banned me took two seconds to PM me and let me know then the other 3 mods would not have had to waste their time reading my PM and replying.

Does nobody else think that mods should send a simple PM to the member they banned, saying why they were banned and for how long?

I think it should be a mod rule. I got banned once and i didn't know why or by who so i had to PM all 4 mods of the forum and all 4 replied. I found out in the end why i was banned and for what. But if in the first place the mod who banned me took two seconds to PM me and let me know then the other 3 mods would not have had to waste their time reading my PM and replying.

seems reasonable enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

I think it should be a mod rule.

Yea I'd second this. I appreciate all the work the mods and admins do. But if ALL mods sent a PM on banning with a one line explaination it would cut out all the "why was I banned?" threads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

irlrobins wrote:
    Yea I'd second this. I appreciate all the work the mods and admins do. But if ALL mods sent a PM on banning with a one line explaination it would cut out all the "why was I banned?" threads.

i have asked this loads of times but he usual response from some mods is "just don't get banned" :rolleyes: i doubt it will ever happen

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

seems reasonable enough :)
    ...why did you quote and agree with yourself?

i also dont think this thread should turn into another of your complaint threads fighting irish - just start a thread of your own. from this guys conduct, i dont think he deserves anything so lets leave it.

also, the idea of the "courtesy" of sending a pm because a mod bans you, to me, is utter cack. i do it to pre-empt the pm's you're gonna get. but the very idea that i'll be corteous etc. towards someone (especially someone who refers to a mod as a cúnt, as above) who has caused trouble that I'VE had to clean up - thats a joke. I'd like to see anyone argue that point with me - seriously.

why did you quote and agree with yourself?
    sorry :o

i also dont think this thread should turn into another of your complaint threads fighting irish - just start a thread of your own. from this guys conduct, i dont think he deserves anything so lets leave it.
    How is it a complaint thread, i am making a suggestion :rolleyes:

also, the idea of the "courtesy" of sending a pm because a mod bans you, to me, is utter cack. i do it to pre-empt the pm's you're gonna get. but the very idea that i'll be corteous etc. towards someone (especially someone who refers to a mod as a cúnt, as above) who has caused trouble that I'VE had to clean up - thats a joke. I'd like to see anyone argue that point with me - seriously.
    OK sometimes it works out ok cos the person knows why he is banned, but a lot of times people are banned and have no clue why so they have to PM all mods of the particular forum which causes work for more mods than it should. So by one mod not doing something small and simple it is causing more work for other mods.

Just a suggestion, we use it at a board i mod and it works brilliantly, no "why was i banned" threads

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Just a suggestion, we use it at a board i mod and it works brilliantly, no "why was i banned" threads
    Where is that?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I will suggest this just for the crack....how about people abide by the charter each forum has.I no its hard to contemplate but it could work.

Gordon wrote:
    Where is that?

Where is what?

Dub13 wrote:
    I will suggest this just for the crack....how about people abide by the charter each forum has.I no its hard to contemplate but it could work.

Obviously it doesn't everyone knows it, there is no forum on the net that don't have rules broken

Where is what?
    What forum do you mod on? Got a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Stormfront probably :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

adonis wrote:
    i wouldnt start this thread if i didnt have to, believe me...there is no point in airing dirty laundry in public..so i would pm the mod if i could..but dont u think the mod should pm me?? as he/she is the one instigating the ban?
    and if i dont know what mod it is, how can i pm him/her -- just to point out a flaw in your logic!!

Normally the mod will post in the thread that someone has been el kabonged so if you log out and go to the relevent forums you can see who banned you and maybe even why . Although , lets be honest here , 99% of people are going to know the why part anyway ....... ( 48.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot ) .

CuLT wrote:
    Personal abuse? against moi? On top of the other problems highlighted in this thread?

Well, I don't tolerate such toolery on For Sales; or any forum for that matter. Consider your ban broadened to the category and extended indefinately.

It was actually meant to be curt - as i highlighted in our PM conversation-...not the part of the femal anatomy...
    so maybe u could lift the ban??

Asok wrote:
    http://felchingisfunkids.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50692513&postcount=5

Is why you were banned and looking over your posts on the board I see alot of "I have it for sale on ebay...or on buy and sell" which if I had seen it sooner would have earned you a perma ban anyways :)

I have used this board once, and said to the person in question that my one and only ticket was for sale on Ebay, and not here...
    sooooooooooo, i have never said anything about buy and sell in any of my posts....

...why did you quote and agree with yourself?

see my posts above///// ends argument..

I think the reason you were banned is for the conversation you were having with albert that went something like this:
    adonis wrote:
    albert is a grubby little tout and would never take face value for anything!
    what tickets were these, and where did you buy them???
    learn to fish albert.
    i busted u good albert...
    and id bust u again..

Oh wow, it really does. damn...that completely destroys my point.

oh wait, no it doesnt. TRY AGAIN!

Gordon wrote:
    I think the reason you were banned is for the conversation you were having with albert that went something like this:

yeah i guess thats fair enough...but it was only meant to be as a joke...
    and did albert get banned too?

Oh wow, it really does. damn...that completely destroys my point.

oh wait, no it doesnt. TRY AGAIN!

sorry grinchie!!! but it does, well your argument against me anyway...
    so to quote your sig..

Gordon wrote:
    What forum do you mod on? Got a link?

;) its not a link i wanna post on boards

• Advertisement

oh wow, witty. actually my argument, that you have not been polite or courteous in any way, and so why should i be corteous to you, still holds true. Sorry!

i'd send a pm to people i ban purely for the reasons that it saves me future hassle, but you're just talking cack :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement