Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on the upgrade

• 29-01-2006 9:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭

I've have esat bb for 18 months now and have gone from a 512/128 to a 2048/256 connection now.

My question is, when eircrap or esat are upgrading our connections do they move our lines from one exchange equipment to another or do they just open up more of a backbone to the internet?

And also what is the maximum speed we can ever expect to get on the eircom copper wires into our houses?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

KeithMur wrote:
    My question is, when eircrap or esat are upgrading our connections do they move our lines from one exchange equipment to another or do they just open up more of a backbone to the internet?

It's a configuration change in the exchange (and potentially extra backbone, as you say).
    KeithMur wrote:
    And also what is the maximum speed we can ever expect to get on the eircom copper wires into our houses?

A bit more to go yet, but that does depend on your distance from the exchange. It won't be anywhere the theoretical max of DSL though.

Advertisement