Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEVER Underestimate

Options
  • 29-01-2006 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

So I dug out a hole for concrete to put a lathe on yesterday, went back to B+Q this morning to exchange all the gravel I got for sand, I was told I'd only need about 10 bags of sand, but I got 15 because I had 16 bags of gravel. I got 5 bags of cement and 15 bags of sand in total, hand mixing it since about 2pm and I've just ran out now (9pm):( Now... where can I get about 6 bags of sand and 2 bags of cement at 9pm on a Sunday:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Uh oh... just saw all the frost all over the garden and car windows... should I be worried about the concrete I laid yesterday:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

It should be ok if you covered it!

covered it as in what:o

It's in my shed:

21579.JPG

But instead of the wooden barriers, I just used a massive sheet of plastic to stop roots etc gettin into it. Now I didn't cover the top bit at all last night. But the shed door was closed etc. Even if there is no frost on it when I go out, could there be hidden damage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Welcome to the *cough*Wonderful*cough* world of B&Q "advice"...........:rolleyes:
    Im SO glad I left that place, being broke is a lot more fun.

hehe, I wasn't actually advised on the matter by B+Q, they just provided the sand and cement, I did a bit of the oul quantity surveying myself.. and.. messed it up. All I did was basically look at a load of bags of sand/cement in a trolly and say, yeah that's about the same size. But it wasn't... who would have thought adding water would subtract size?:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Actually, now that you say it - mixed up a bucket of concrete recently and bucket was was full when dry-mixed and about 1/2 to 3/4 full after adding de water

Advertisement