Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will there ever be another upgrade?

• 29-01-2006 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Will there ever be another upgrade like the last one, a significant increase in speeds for free?
    or is that our lot and we'll have to pay for anything extra from now on?

or can anyone see another upgrade say in a years time or whatever?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'd doubt there'd be any upgrade like the one we got for a long time.

the only thing we'll get would be a cap increase and or a price drop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I have a feeling the next major upgrade will be the ADSL2+ rollout. Whenever thats going to be.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I dont want eircom to upgrade ever again, the current upgrade has blown my broadband connection down to dialup speed and lots of others having problems, they cant do anything right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

We will probable have another speed increase next year....an increase of 1Mbit download and mabye another 128K for upload.

The year after will probable bring ADSL2+ and all its associated goodness.

Price drops.....unlikely as its far cheaper to give us extra bandwidth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

kaizersoze wrote:
    I have a feeling the next major upgrade will be the ADSL2+ rollout. Whenever thats going to be.

I fink the current infrastructure can support it as they replaced/upgraded a lot of equipment over the past 12 months or so. Its quite possible that the kit we are all connected to supports ADSL2+ and is backwards compatible with ADSL 1

Just a thought.

Paul

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

The big cost in the ADSL2+ rollout will be replacing a lot of the older ADSL only routers....mabye 150,000 or so!!!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

For the likes of Smart who use LLU, do they utilise ADSL2+ ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

byte wrote:
    For the likes of Smart who use LLU, do they utilise ADSL2+ ?
    Yes. Magnet do too, but they use their own fiber backhaul from the exchange

Advertisement