Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite corners/bends about Dublin?

• 29-01-2006 10:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

There's nothing like the anticipation of dropping the bike down into a good well surfaced corner. A few of mine are the slip road from the M1 to the M50, then the slip road off the M1 heading up tp the airport (except for the bump)
    The roundabouts on the skerries exit of the M1, that right hand up around Parnell Square that brings you to the door of the Rotunda and any corner without gravel on it. :rolleyes:

Anyone got others?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

best road in dublin is the back road to malahide from baldoyle, through portmarnock all along the coast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭saobh_ie

Fabritzo wrote:
    then the slip road off the M1 heading up tp the airport (except for the bump) Anyone got others?

The slip road in to the airport off the M1 coming from the city center is great. You can usually get it so theres no traffic in front of you and just go round without slowing from motorway speeds. Can't say I've noticed the bump...

Then the end of the dual carraigeway has a nice gently bending fast stretch. The road between Darndale and Malahide is great too as is the coast road along Malahide/Portmarnock but traffic is so heavy these days its not worth bothering with except in the middle of the night and then you've got to contend with hitting something in the road, in the dark and ending up in the sea, in the dark. =D

Roads down along the coast to Skerries and Balbriggan are much better, if narrow and bad in places.

Theres also some good roads in the vicinity of Nobber. =]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

I like the R121 from Lucan along the Liffey, up by Fort Lucan and on to Clonsilla Station. You get nice sweeping bends on a grippy surface and that left hand hairpin turn onto that big hill that the bike screams up. At the end of it you often get to skip by the big tailback waiting at the closed level crossing gates too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭japanpaul

The road that boarders the Tesco side of Bushy Park. The road is just one long sweeping bend. I live the other side of the park but often take this route if there are no cars about, even though it adds 2 km to my journey.

Advertisement