Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your a sham

• 29-01-2006 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

I've only a fleeting interest in Your're A Star (so why am i writing this?) but for a country that prides itself on its musical pedigree we sure do have some deluded people voting for the best acts each week on this substandard show. Leman, a very credible act, have tonight been voted off while that girl band and ciara mcginn continue to lay waste to their allotment of nine lives. Maybe its the acoustics in the Helix but the girl band sound absolutley atrocious when they sing while ciara for all her valiant effort is just not at the races. It defies logic how these two acts have survived the voting process while more worthy acts have fallen by the wayside. My theory is that the show is watched by an audience consisting primarily of 14 year old girls as well as the (very) extended family and friends of said 'artists'. I just had to get that off my chest as I have an anger problem.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

I think you're right about the 14 year old girls theory, but we have to realise as well that even if a fair sample of society voted, the output would still be tripe. The majority of people have a rubbish taste in music, films, books and television. The younger generation are probably not that much worse than the youth 60 years ago, just there's so much more exposure for the under-talented. Nowadays, anyone can be famous for not much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The whole sound quality/production seems to leave a lot to be desired. Leman weren't great tonight, and with the voting demographics involved that meant they were screwed from the outset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

I thought Leman were ok and did at least enough to survive, I like that U2 song but it wasnt mainstream enough to gain deserved recognition tonight. There are some good singers like marilyn etc. there but we've got to question the integrity of a show that results in such outcomes. The judges are all excellent and their opinion should be considered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

You're a Stars man goal is not to find some "wundertalent" to make money.
    The real money is being made buy those voting for their favourite acts.
    Look at "Six" as the main example.
    They hardly made anything between them... for themselves or the record co.
    The money was already made with all the txts and phone votes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I've said it before and I'll sya it again...RTÉ don't want the financial millstone of hosting the Eurovison again. Ever.

So they throw out this show (which I loathe, but I'm obviously in a minority) and make a fortune on txt voting and advertising revenue....and now the cunning bit; they rig the vote so that the worst performers sail through every week....I mean who actually independtly verifies txt votes, how hard can it be to massage the numbers?
    I'll bet a pound to a penny, that come next whenever at said song contest, the emerald isle will be represented by someone(s) as lacking in talent as the two gombeens who stepped uo for us last time.

• Advertisement

I only saw 2 episodes of youre a star a few weeks or so ago, and I was absolutely appalled.
    Out of the first group (one group one week and another the next?) that girl who sang "aint no sunshine" and the girl with the incredibly low voice were the only ones who could sing, and the following week...well, maybe Leman. That was when they sang some Oasis song? I was horrified at that girl group...something dime? I mean, they were actually completely unable to sing. Tone deaf. And the judges sat there telling them how wonderful they were. And those two idiots from cork, the woman prancing around in the most godawful outfit I've ever seen and the guy playing guitar - bad singing AND bad fashion. The one who tried to sing Eternal Flame was dire and again, there was nothing but praise from the judges. Some other woman who was apparently a waitress(or was that the business student?) should have gone right back to her job. Meanwhile, the only group who could sing appeared to be Leman and unlike all the praise piled on the bad acts, the judges wouldn't stop telling Leman how awful they were.

The whole thing is a joke. IIRC, even the x-factor give the contestants singing lessons from go, whereas this lot just show up and prance around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 pchead

Wertz wrote:
    I've said it before and I'll sya it again...RTÉ don't want the financial millstone of hosting the Eurovison again. Ever.

So they throw out this show (which I loathe, but I'm obviously in a minority) and make a fortune on txt voting and advertising revenue....and now the cunning bit; they rig the vote so that the worst performers sail through every week....I mean who actually independtly verifies txt votes, how hard can it be to massage the numbers?
    I'll bet a pound to a penny, that come next whenever at said song contest, the emerald isle will be represented by someone(s) as lacking in talent as the two gombeens who stepped uo for us last time.

I think you'll find that Brian Kennedy is representing Ireland this year - nothing at all to do with this show (thankfully). While he isn't my cup of tea, he can certainly sing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Wertz wrote:

To my knowledge, Brian Kennedy is representing Ireland at the Eurovision song contest this year. This show is merely carrying on regardless, in the search for a "star".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭douglasman

Wertz wrote:

RTE have to pay a fixed fee for eurovision every year, regardless of whether they host it or not, the fee they pay is the same. This was brought in a number of years back to make it fairer on whatever country actually hosts it.
    Wertz wrote:

You're a Star 2006 has nothing to do with eurovision whatsoever. Brian Kennedy is representing us in eurovision 2006, the song to be decided on the late late show in February.
    Wertz wrote:

Brian Kennedy is talented but who knows what piece of s**t he will have to sing.

I would agree on one point though, even though there is no financial burden on RTE hosting the eurovision anymore, I do believe they don't want the hassle of actually hosting it.

Ah, okay my mistake....I tend not to keep up with this sort of thing.

Of course this begs the question of why we even need YAS poluting the airwaves...oh yeah, cos it's cheap and lucrative.

Brian Kennedy eh? So RTÉ still don't want us to win :v:

[edit] Wow sorry to thread on all your toes on this...no idea there were such strong feelings for such an outmoded, camped up televisual fiasco...no accounting for taste I suppose...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Tchocky

bluewolf wrote:
    I only saw 2 episodes of youre a star a few weeks or so ago, and I was absolutely appalled.
    Out of the first group (one group one week and another the next?) that girl who sang "aint no sunshine" and the girl with the incredibly low voice were the only ones who could sing, and the following week...well, maybe Leman. That was when they sang some Oasis song? I was horrified at that girl group...something dime? I mean, they were actually completely unable to sing. Tone deaf. And the judges sat there telling them how wonderful they were. And those two idiots from cork, the woman prancing around in the most godawful outfit I've ever seen and the guy playing guitar - bad singing AND bad fashion. The one who tried to sing Eternal Flame was dire and again, there was nothing but praise from the judges. Some other woman who was apparently a waitress(or was that the business student?) should have gone right back to her job. Meanwhile, the only group who could sing appeared to be Leman and unlike all the praise piled on the bad acts, the judges wouldn't stop telling Leman how awful they were.

The whole thing is a joke. IIRC, even the x-factor give the contestants singing lessons from go, whereas this lot just show up and prance around.
    I was watching it that night with some of the girls I live with, and I got thrown out for giving out :(

The judges give their opinions (with the contractually-obliged 'nasty one'), and the cattle classes make up their minds going on the reaction of the audience to the judging.

The situation with that shower form Cork:

2 judges hated them, and rightly so. The other fellow praised them for 'getting up there, out there, and getting on with their act'. The audience got behind that populist twaddle, and roared approval. All this 'god on ya,' and 'fairplay' ****e.

Nickel & Dime were hilarious, for pure fashion sense......they looked like shuttlecocks with heads

Leman pissed me off. They admitted they had written several songs, bvut then proceeded to butcher Live Forever. We dont know if they're any good or not, they didnt give us the chance.

bleh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭douglasman

Tchocky wrote:
    The situation with that shower form Cork:

There are no Cork people at all in You're a Star this year. A number of people who auditioned in Cork got through including the act you refer to, who are gone now and rightly so, but they are not from Cork. The Ups are from Carlow.

The girl band is nickel and dime and I have to agree with bluewolf and tchocky. I watched it the first week and said to myself "these girls are gone". To my utter amazement, they were not. Dito the second or third week. But this week had to be the final straw- they were **** again. Unbelievably they survived as did Ciara McGinn who Brendan poited out, seems to have diplomatic immunity regarding elimination. The X-factor winner was in attendance and he must have been laughing all the way home at the majority of the acts. This show is atrocious yet I still watch it every week and I dont know why. I guess that is the desired effect. They keep the crap people on so that we can continue to critiscise and retain interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

Have to agree with some of the sentiments here alright. It seems that along with a few other posters from this parish, I missed the memo that went around which changed the meaning of (among other words) 'talent'. My own 'theory' is that in a way we're going slowly but surely back (in a jumped up 21st Century way admittedly!) to the days of the Romans and their circuses. We basically want to see people 'hurt'. We (and i say we in the sense of the general audience, not the more refined types 'round here, y'know!) tend to want to boo the baddies and, by extension, cheer for the 'others'. Even if they're talentless, oxygen-thieving no-marks who, if we're honest, wouldn't be fit to tie the Bay City Rollers collective shoelaces. (and that, btw, is damning with VERY faint praise...)

Y'see the problem is that now, more than ever, we're living in such a time of flux that all media outlets are having to experiment wildly with formats while still trying to attract that golden demographic - the Family Audience. Back in the halcyon days of RTE, Sunday night meant a nice quiz hosted my (depending on your vintage) Mike Murphy or Theresa Lowe and then off to Glenroe.

Nowadays we fvcking DEMAND to see a 14 year old
    a) telling Sile Seoighe that she can be the next, I dunno, Kate Bush
    b) making a pigs ear of some Lisa Stansfield song
    c) being told to go home by a Cork pub bore, a washed up very-mature-mutton-dressed-as-lamb 'singer' and an A+R man whose claim to fame, if memory serves was signing The Four Of Us. Seventeen years ago?

To be honest, I have no truck with the poster who says that most people have crap taste in music/movies/books. Most people will tell you they think Casablanca is a good movie. Most will tell you that Revolver is a good album. Most will agree when, for instance, one asserts that Patrick McCabe can write a decent novel. But when it comes to telly, we're going to hell in a handcart...the more crap we watch, the more crap we'll get...and if you tolerate this, your children WILL be next...(to be told they're crap by that fat frigger from the Sindo)

I see this fine show got a mention on Joe Duffy today as well, from a few people who felt aggrieved at being treated like dirt during auditions...Duffy jumped to the defence of the show (well RTÉ do pay his wage) claiming that it's all a bit of craic and that no ill will is meant by sarcastic comments or personal insults...sorry but from the little I've seen, that guy off Don't Feed the Gondolas doesn't appear to be joking...he may well be with his co-hosts, but as for with the kids? Definitely not (IMO).
    Talent (what little of it their seems to be on the show) should be encouraged...heck, having the balls to get up and do your bit should be at least respected...I don't subscrbe to the idea that people going into this fiasco are signing away their right to be treated with some dignity by people barely qualified to judge in any sort of musical talent show.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Superdub2

people have to remember that ireland just doesnt have very much musical talent, not enough to fill a tv show, also we try to copy everything british and we cum up with disgraceful copys

Wertz wrote:
    I see this fine show got a mention on Joe Duffy today as well, from a few people who felt aggrieved at being treated like dirt during auditions...Duffy jumped to the defence of the show (well RTÉ do pay his wage) claiming that it's all a bit of craic and that no ill will is meant by sarcastic comments or personal insults...sorry but from the little I've seen, that guy off Don't Feed the Gondolas doesn't appear to be joking...he may well be with his co-hosts, but as for with the kids? Definitely not (IMO).
    Talent (what little of it their seems to be on the show) should be encouraged...heck, having the balls to get up and do your bit should be at least respected...I don't subscrbe to the idea that people going into this fiasco are signing away their right to be treated with some dignity by people barely qualified to judge in any sort of musical talent show.
    Well - to be honest - no more than people appearing on the Weakest Link and expecting Anne Robinson to be nice to them, people who appear on a TV show with the sole remit of 'being good telly' (even if its tasteless) shouldn't be disappointed when they find themselves being on the wrong side of the joke. In other words, if you're going to lie down with dogs, one shouldn't recoil in horror at the first sight of a flea...

What of course should be happening is that talent should be fostered in an organic way the 'old fashioned' way. I'm not saying that every wannabe pop group should be forced to play cover versions of songs in the Hamburg red light district for 9 months, but every wannabe pop group SHOULD be forced to realise that like any craft, theirs should be honed and perfected in a natural progressive manner. Not, in other words, tarted up on the off chance that remote control flickers around the country will tire of 'new simpsons' on Sky one, and stick with YAS

but every wannabe pope group SHOULD be forced to realise that like any craft, theirs should be honed and perfected in a natural progressive manner.

Well, this is half of the problem with YAS. At least the likes of the ITV shows give the acts voice training etc between the shows, helping them become "better" artists - where as RTE seem to wheel them out every week with little or no help and hope for the best.

As well as all this, while not proclaiming to be an expert in any way, dosen't the sound in the Helix reverberate atrociously across the airwaves? It's amateurish to say the least and the stage looks pathetic. Who decides on these aspects of the production? It's quite clearly half-hearted and sub-standard and as I said previously, Shayne Ward must have been in stitches.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I thought we weren't allowed in to the Eurovision this year because we didn't even get through the semi- finals last year?

• Advertisement

Faith wrote:
    I thought we weren't allowed in to the Eurovision this year because we didn't even get through the semi- finals last year?
    Just means we get to fight it out in the qualifiers (semis) again.
    You dont have to qualify for the qualifiers :D

dosen't the sound in the Helix reverberate atrociously across the airwaves?

The "sound" of the performances can be awful. I don't know whether it's the Helix or the production.

Well - to be honest - no more than people appearing on the Weakest Link and expecting Anne Robinson to be nice to them, people who appear on a TV show with the sole remit of 'being good telly' (even if its tasteless) shouldn't be disappointed when they find themselves being on the wrong side of the joke. In other words, if you're going to lie down with dogs, one shouldn't recoil in horror at the first sight of a flea...

What of course should be happening is that talent should be fostered in an organic way the 'old fashioned' way. I'm not saying that every wannabe pop group should be forced to play cover versions of songs in the Hamburg red light district for 9 months, but every wannabe pop group SHOULD be forced to realise that like any craft, theirs should be honed and perfected in a natural progressive manner. Not, in other words, tarted up on the off chance that remote control flickers around the country will tire of 'new simpsons' on Sky one, and stick with YAS

The difference with your Anne Robinson example and in most instances of the ITV talent clones, being that off-camera, people are apparently treated with a little dignity and told what to expect when the camera rolls...that's to say that the jibes and rudeness are part of the act and in a lot of cases what people tune in to watch...
    The impression I got from the callers into liveline yesterday on the subject was that they were badly and rudely dealt with in the audition stages with no priming...they were apparently treated like muck from the get go with no forewarning.
    Now you can argue that people who enter for this deserve what's coming but I honestly think that RTÉ simply don't realise that this bad treatment of contestants and potential contestants is staged in other similar shows, so we have that fat cork c*nt giving them a tongue lashing for no other good reason than that he can get away with it.

It's no way to treat young out going people who have a desire (for whatever reason) to get up and do their bit....if they suck, they suck...no need to bully and harass them to drive home the fact, especially when it appears to be fully in earnest...

I gladly stand corrected then. As you may have seen from my earlier posts, i've little or no time for the 'fat cork c*nt' either...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Tuesday

PLEASE!! Nickel and Dime are good singers, they are really good looking girls and they could easily be at the top of the charts with the likes of girls aloud/pussycat dolls etc. okay, so they dont consist of Aretha Franklin, Beyonce, Tina Turner and Christina Aguilera - yeah, they are 3 dublin girls and a Louth girl - but who cares, they look confident in their performances and i think they should go all the way, because, to be honest - is there a place for Louise Kileen in the UK charts these days? How about the Sullivan Brothers? No. The same mistake has been made 3 times previously with acts like Mikey Harte and Donna and Joe - theyre typical irish traditionals that found themselves lost in the mainstream music industry and subsequently failed. Whereas Nickel and Dime could get out there and really compete with many big acts today. Vote Nickel and Dime on Sunday, because it's not all about who can sing the best - these girls have a balanced package.

Confidence - something that ciara mcginn is totally lacking - she looks pained and terrified on stage
    They're Modern - unlike Louise and Sullivans - who are so dated that it just wouldnt work
    And they seem like nice, hard-working girls - whereas Lucia Evans seems to think she's some sort of "diva" because she's appearing on RTE1 on a sunday night

Tuesday wrote:
    these girls have a balanced package.

:v:

Tuesday wrote:
    PLEASE!! Nickel and Dime are good singers, they are really good looking girls and they could easily be at the top of the charts with the likes of girls aloud/pussycat dolls etc. okay, so they dont consist of Aretha Franklin, Beyonce, Tina Turner and Christina Aguilera - yeah, they are 3 dublin girls and a Louth girl - but who cares, they look confident in their performances and i think they should go all the way, because, to be honest - is there a place for Louise Kileen in the UK charts these days? How about the Sullivan Brothers? No. The same mistake has been made 3 times previously with acts like Mikey Harte and Donna and Joe - theyre typical irish traditionals that found themselves lost in the mainstream music industry and subsequently failed. Whereas Nickel and Dime could get out there and really compete with many big acts today. Vote Nickel and Dime on Sunday, because it's not all about who can sing the best - these girls have a balanced package.

Confidence - something that ciara mcginn is totally lacking - she looks pained and terrified on stage
    They're Modern - unlike Louise and Sullivans - who are so dated that it just wouldnt work
    And they seem like nice, hard-working girls - whereas Lucia Evans seems to think she's some sort of "diva" because she's appearing on RTE1 on a sunday night

Gee..I wonder would you have a vest interest by any chance.. :v: :v:

I have a vest interest...well more of a fetish really...can't get enough of those thermal jobs at the mo....mmmm...

Dear God.

Please give me the hour I spent looking at tonights even more pain inducing than usual edition of You're A Star. While you're at it, please strike each and every participant (including presenter and judges) at least 4 times with bolts of lightning..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Oh Nickel and Dime are gone I am afraid , yet Ciara McGinn still remains. Tbh Ciara McGinn's continual presence on the show is a joke, the girl just cant sing at all, and the judges went over the top to let everyone know it aswell.

I was forced to watch this tonight... (honest!).
    Only act that impressed was the final one, Marilyn Bane (great stage name!) ... the girl with the "oldish" voice.

She wasn't brilliant, but could definately be something with more voice coaching and training.
    Very Joss Stone style.... the only act of the lot who would have any sort of success if they won, and I'm sure the record people involved will want her to win it (or may make it so...).

The rest are nothing special at all.
    People who think these acts are good need to get out more and realise there's a heck of a lot more talent playing pubs and other venues up and down the country.

The funny thing is Nickel & Dime were actually getting better (and by better I mean they could actually harmonise this week) - while most of them seem to be getting progressively worse. The Sullivan Brothers and Louise "I've got no neck and guitar surgically attached to my chest" Killeen's home-made compositions were garbage, and Ciara's performance was worse than ever. The mind boggles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

forbesii wrote:
    As well as all this, while not proclaiming to be an expert in any way, dosen't the sound in the Helix reverberate atrociously across the airwaves? It's amateurish to say the least
    The acoustics in the Helix are fine when you're in the audience. The problem is that RTE's sound engineers suck ass. The levels are always messed up, not just on You're a Spa, but on other shows such as the Late Late Show.

American shows set the sound levels so that they sound good on TV even if they don't on stage - perhaps RTE are setting the levels for the audience and not giving a crap how it sounds recorded.

On another topic, does anyone else feel that Derek Mooney comes across as a smug prick, especially when he's talking to the eyebrow-crease?

Marilyn Bane and Lucia Evans appears to be the only ones with any real talent on the show (that's including the judges).

As ironic as the thread title is I saw an audience held sign on the show tonight say:
    "Your a star Jeanette"

What was up with the sound in the first part this week? The production values just seem to get worse every week!

• Advertisement

OFDM wrote:
    As ironic as the thread title is I saw an audience held sign on the show tonight say:
    "Your a star Jeanette"

Its texting that has killed the art of spelling, I'm surprised its not called UR A STAR!!??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

BuffyBot wrote:
    What was up with the sound in the first part this week? The production values just seem to get worse every week!
    Yeah, very annoying.

The sound was out of sync by about a half a second near the start, and stretched to over a second by the end of the first part.

Surely the people in the control room would have noticed this about 10 seconds into the broadcast and done something about it?

You would think after 4 years of this, they would have the wrinkles ironed out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

rofl at nickel and dimes dads post on this thread.

I was at the show last night (no vested interest, im in 'de bidniss' so got tickets and went for a laugh) and it wasnt too bad i thought. Theres only one winner really. In terms of vocal talent, noone comes near Lucia. Her performance last night was pretty near perfect and her timing and phraising was great. None of the others have anywhere near the level of competence that she has.

Having said that, the point of the show is to make a 'star' and give someone a record contract. The only artist there with any real commercial value is (hate to break this to you) Ciara. Shes a little hottie who seems to be able to throw out the required flirts and cheeky looks. She doesnt need to be able to sing, just to listen to whatever louis walsh or whoever tells her.

Louise Kileen got out of jail, i thought hearing her sing something that wasnt one of her own dreary singer/songwriter numbers might have been good, but she chose a billy joel song. enough said.

Jeanette probably has a career in musicals ahead of her, shes great at that sort of stuff. Marilyn has a great voice, but no real niche. The sullivans are just karoke.

At the end of the day though, its just a beauty contest where the people who campaign the most get the most out of it. Its TV not the music business and if your expecting anything else from a show with Linda Martin on the panel, then your pretty naive:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

RTE should be a shamed of this show. Just let it go.

I only watched some of it last night and the dubbing was dreadful it was like watching an Italian version of the show dubbed in to english.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

i don't know anything about music but shouldn't someone sing pop in their own voice?

do you know what I mean shes doing that wide open mouth, "lar de da" singing that people do when they first start singing... I though you should sing in a way that is like your own voice when your talking.. not putting on this forced singing voice?

your one marilyn i think said she was classically trained but if she trained sh eshould know how to sing pop...

is jeanetter the blonde one with the piercing she seems to be working the cutsey looks overtime far more then ciara...

Its texting that has killed the art of spelling, I'm surprised its not called UR A STAR!!??

UR A * even...

Elmo wrote:
    the dubbing was dreadful it was like watching an Italian version of the show dubbed in to english.
    That wasn't dubbing, it was tha audio going completely out of sync for the first part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

The sound engineers at RTE are incompetent. Every act on YAS sounds like they're singing in the shower. They go completely overboard with the reverb and effects and it actually sounds like the acts are singing into a microphone which is the opposite aim of good sound engineering. It actually sounds like the feed for the TV sound is coming from a mic somewhere away from the stage not directly from the artists mic. Compare YAS to X-Factor, Pop Idol and the Soapstar thing that was on a few weeks back (which had excellent performances) and you can hear the difference in sound. The same shody work is evident on the Late Late so much so that its obvious when acts are miming. If they were working with a big name artist they'd be sacked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Fitzblado

I am so sick of this **** programme ,and that derek mooney makes me want to take a hammer to him.I recently got a call from our local TV licience man telling me to get a licence ,so its pains me even more to know that i am paying for this crap.The winner of this show,regardless of whether they have talent or not is doomed to fail.Die Brendan O connor Die

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

That wasn't dubbing, it was tha audio going completely out of sync for the first part.

You get my point!

I saw most of last nights show, it was really badly made. Poor sound, poor camera work.

Jeanette getting sent home after singing a song from a rival show, makes sense. The Sullivans brothers mucking their song up was both funny and cringey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Angele

I think the show is becoming really unfair. Linda Martin has been trying to influence the public in the last two weeks with her bitchy remarks about Jeanette and yesterday she got what she wanted since the poor girl was booted out of the competition.

Why did she have to inform us at the start of the show that Jeanette had got drunk and made a fool of herself. Who cares? I thought the show was about judging singing and not about tarnishing a poor girl's reputation out of sheer spite and envy. Shame on Linda

Jeanette's performance was woeful, and she has no one else to blame but herself. At least Linda's comments let people know the full story as to why she was so bad, eliminating some sympathy votes I'm sure.

Did she get locked the night before?

• Advertisement
Advertisement