Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your a sham

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

The main intrest in the show now is ...........actually I hate the show so much i'm not going to rant about it anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Angele

BuffyBot wrote:
    Jeanette's performance was woeful, and she has no one else to blame but herself. At least Linda's comments let people know the full story as to why she was so bad, eliminating some sympathy votes I'm sure.

I agree with you about the performance but I still think Linda went to far in her comments.

The previous week she had said that Jeanette and Marilyn were getting to big for their boots and that they were becoming arrogant etc Again she said this at the begining of the show.

At least yesterday she admited that her favourites are Lucia and the Sullivans. Hence the nasty comments about the other two girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Jane Doe

Who got kicked off tonight?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,563 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I saw most of last nights show, it was really badly made. Poor sound, poor camera work.
    What do you expect ?
    Its RTE,they buy their equipment second hand from TV Estonia.;)
    This show really sickens me.
    It is atrocious.
    The people that enter it are deluded,imbaciles with no self respect or originality.
    Why exactly are 'You a Star' ?
    The past winners have all been disastrous failures whose careers are a sham.
    I have more musical talent in my big toe than those so called judges will ever have.
    Linda Martin !
    Country show band wannabee.
    Sad very sad that such dirge is shown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Angele

Jane Doe wrote:
    Who got kicked off tonight?????

Marilyn lost tonight and it was sooo unfair. She was the best singer on the show, performing a Led Zeppelin song brilliantly. She deserved to be in the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Telefís

So Lucia won, thank goodness for that. We could do without Sunday night pub entertainers winning a national contest. And DON'T say you didn't see it; at least one in four people on this island was watching it last night :)

The production values have certainly improved on previous years, but are still pretty dodgy for many shows. Still, for the Final it was very well assembled - some very nice vision mixing and camerawork at times. However as usual, the audio levels were appalling - RTÉ always pitch the music too loud, drowning out the voice :mad:

Also, in spite of the fact she won, Lucia was at a disadvantage the whole way through with the Brothers being the first to perform everything. Fair enough, someone has to go first, but their being a double-act made them so much more prominent. Lucia should have been put first for every performance to make up for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

I agree Telefis, thank goodness Lucia won....I have no idea how The Sullivan Brothers made it that far. They shouldve been eliminated at the heat stages. I think almost everyone on boards as seen them or people like them in their local boozer a few times. Standard two manguitar bog stuff....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Brian017

Telef&#237 wrote: »
    Also, in spite of the fact she won, Lucia was at a disadvantage the whole way through with the Brothers being the first to perform everything. Fair enough, someone has to go first, but their being a double-act made them so much more prominent. Lucia should have been put first for every performance to make up for it.
    That's not RTÉ's fault. She won the cointoss and chose to go second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Telefís

Oh really, fair enough so. I missed the first few seconds of the programme.
    In that case, more fool her :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Telef&#237 wrote: »
    And DON'T say you didn't see it; at least one in four people on this island was watching it last night :)

That in itself is another thing to add to the list of reasons to emigrate off this damn backwards island...

Advertisement