Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raspberry Muffins - Not Quite There Yet!

• 29-01-2006 11:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,997 ✭✭✭✭

I have a receipe for raspberry muffins that I like to make from time to time as it's quite easy to do. The texture is nice but it lacks a little in flavour. The texture tends to be grand, and they look proper, but it's a little bland. Anyone have any idea how I can make them tastier?

275g of plain flour
    1tbsp baking powder
    115g of caster sugar
    1 egg
    250ml of buttermilk
    4tbsp of sunflower oil
    150g of raspberries

Sift flour and baking powder into mixing bowl and make a well in the centre.
    Mix the egg, buttermilk and oil in a bowl, pour into the flour mixture and mix quickly.
    Add the raspberries and fold in.
    Bake for 20-25 minutes at 220c.

As it is quite simple, I like to add some vanilla essence to add some background flavour- but even that can't help it!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,997 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

P.S. - I know this is sad- a computer geek who bakes! What the hell does my missus see in me???!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

addin rasberry sauce maybe? what ever type you can make, or jam even

either mix properly intot he mix while wet or put in globs of it that would still be sticky when you eat it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Get a bottle of proper vanilla extract and add in a teaspoon, or make vanilla sugar. Stay away from the vanilla essence though- it's gack. Extract is very bloody expensive, but it will last you forever and it's gorgeous. A handful of white chocolate chips would be the business too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Yeah, I agree. White chocolate chips would go extremely well in these muffins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,997 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Thanks Guys,

I'll give both a go so, particuarly the white chocolate chips....sounds very nice indeed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Let us know how you get on! I really think we should have a boards bake sale for Santa Strike Force at some stage.

Advertisement