Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Long hair on Guys

• 30-01-2006 12:03am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Good thing or Bad thing? If good/bad why?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Good, because it fits in with my transgender lifestyle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Gaillimhtaibhse

Depends upon the role the lad is playing (on and off the stage).:rolleyes: ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I just wish it wasn't assoicated with hippies and heavy metal music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

depends on the person, and not look greasy and unkempt..
    I personally like long hair on guys, especially if it is kind of curly, looks sexy ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Absolutly detest hair that is anyway long on a guy! Even a short style which needs a cut - turns me off straight away!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

It can look good on some people but others it's dreadfull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I have long hair, I grew it long in my teens, cut it all off when I was 20 and started growing it back when I was 26. I just prefer having long hair. I keep it clean and neat, it's naturally curly and frequently the envy of many female admirers :v:

The main downside is getting followed around shops by security guards again (honestly) who seem to equate long hair with theivery, it would seem :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I don't tie mine back. I can never understand why someone would grown their hair long and then tie it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I have long hair.

It is, therefor, obviously great.

Seriously though, I like something I can at least hold onto / run fingers through.. both on myself and whoever I'm 'lying next to'.

Anything is better than short back-and-sides.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

some girls like it, some don't. Mostly don't, in my experience! from the, get your damn hair cut girls. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Depends on the guy. Looks better on some than others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Morrigan

I love long hair on guys.. maybe because it gives the subconcious impression that they're a little wilder and more open-minded than those who wear it short...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Zyox has sexy hair. Unf :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

I hate long-haired guys, personally. But again, it depends on the guy. some guys can pull it off and look good but I don't find it attractive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

Unless ur a male swedish model or italian long hair more than likely wont work for you. (unless u are a rocker/skater. In that case go 4 it!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Depends on the guy. I think it looks incredibly sexy on the right guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I don't tie mine back. I can never understand why someone would grown their hair long and then tie it back.

Coz it might get stuck in their lipgloss! :)

It's like any hairstyle, it suits some and not others. I must admit some guys look hot with longish hair. (Used to be into the grunger look when younger.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Rantorama

Shoulder length hair is O.K. ...but long hair reminds me of 80's Dublin rockers in leather jackets with Slayer or Megadeath tributes either Tippexed or sewn on.Yuck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

all depends on the guy as others have said. personally im quite a fan of long hair, but it has to be clean and neat of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭ro1798

dreads?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Anto and Moe

Long hair on guys?!
    If you think it's not sexy then you have clearly never checked out
    http://www.antoandmoe.com! otherwise you would be in no doubt that it is ultimate. There's no dispute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Long hair on guys?!
    If you think it's not sexy then you have clearly never checked out
    http://www.antoandmoe.com! otherwise you would be in no doubt that it is ultimate. There's no dispute.
    That's not sexy. It's filthy and disgusting. The two biggest muppets in the whole world are god damn hippies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I have long blond hair, its quite thick and take ages to dry. Thats the only draw back really. My missus loves it and I love winding her up by saying that I'm getting it shaved off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭thesage

I like my long hair. Don't know if it suits me but I like it nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

i prefer short hair on guys, Depending on the guy really..there's this guy i know who has shoulder length hair, he's gorgeous, but thats rare that i would find guys with slightly longer hair attractive.
    Funny when someone you know gets their hair cut really short after you only really knowing them having long hair :eek: :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

I've got kinda long hair, it's not like shoulder length, about 3 inches long.. I like it, I think it's fun to play with etc, but I'd never grow it too long, so that it's past, or near my shoulders, that just looks scruffy imo. A personal hate is people who grow their hair long and have bald patches. It's SO annoying!! It's like they're trying to be young or something..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

and Ro, I think dreads are the business!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

Long hair on fellas i find revolting!

A big turn off!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

Yeah, I find it a turn off too. But I mean hair long enough to tie back, God no! Kinda floppy hair can look sexy, especially the surfer look. E.g Johnny from O.C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

Kind of longish hair can be sexy on certain guys, but only if they wash it on a regular basis of course!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

you cant ask this question in general it depends on the person.. i mean look at hurley and sawyer from lost... both have long hair...hurley is just blehk whereas im a guy and i know that sawyer is goodlooking and tbh he looks **** with short hair

i have long hair coz short hair doesn't suite/makes me look like a nerd so that why i have i long...also its good for moshin :)

my missus would also murder me if i cut my hair...not that i ever would.. its black almost and its just down past my shoulders and its not curly its slightly wavey and women do say that theyre jealous of my waves :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ST*

Not into it at all tbh.

Aragorn2_UB_w.jpg

vs.

viggo_mortensen_a_history_of_violence_interview_top.jpg

TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I have long hair, therefore it is sexy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ST*

Ah well then. I change my mind..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Goodshape wrote:
    Aragorn2_UB_w.jpg

vs.

viggo_mortensen_a_history_of_violence_interview_top.jpg

TBH.

Totally depends on the guy. Very few pull off the long haired look imo. Here is one example of someone who does :) :

Tom Welling? ah, come-on... that's the very short side of long hair in fairness.

although...

I like long hair, if it's well kept. Too many guys have a habit of not washing their hair for apparently weeks, and that's just manky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

long hair on guys there is no excuse.

Behold the horror !
    macgyver17ap.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Behold the horror !
    macgyver17ap.gif

:D:D:D Classic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭*Oul_Doll_Cork*

I have no problem with men having long hair!! I just wouldn't go out with one!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

Behold the horror !
    macgyver17ap.gif
    thats a tooootally different story...that was the 80's.. people didn't develop sight until the late 90's... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I love it!

Unless it's manky and greasy....

Advertisement