Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat Bt Broadband ?

• 30-01-2006 12:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Is anybody on the deal with BT 25euro a month for first 4 months and 40 after this - for a 2mb line the only problem i can see with this is it's only a 20gb download limit i know its alot but it would be nice if it was unlimited - thinking of going with this until smart comes my way - anybody have anything to say about this package with BT

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The cap isn't enforced. If Smart is not available, then this is the best offering around. There will be a minimum contract (6 or 12 months is the norm, but I don't know for this particular package) and there may also be a connection fee (€50 to €100), though they tend to waive that from time to time, especially if you go line rental and phone too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

thats what i ordered...

and i am gettting bills from both eircom and bt, after 2 months i got a bill for 180 from bt and 63 from eircom.

bt are clumsy, and are not recommended unless you don't mind being put on hold while trying to sort out their mistakes

think that price is before tax, and they charge you nearly €50 connection, and the give you a non-wifi modem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭dancin

Sort of...

I was with IOL Broadband when they launched, and then became BT. I was on their entry level (1MB) and last summer went with the BB + Phone package. BB + line rental fro 40 a month. With recent upgrade it went to 2MB.

The initial 2 bills were all over the place, their billing system is really very poor. But it setted down by the third bill and now get billed every 2 months, with a total charge of €80 plus whatever calls I make.

Once the bills settled down I revisited all my bills from the changeover period (both BT and Eircom) and worked out that they had actually charged me the correct amount over the changeover period - they just got teh amounts and the dates all mixed up.

Service itself is grand, has only gone down once (when Eircom had a big fault in North Dublin a few months ago).

Advertisement