Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Foglights (again!)

Options
  • 30-01-2006 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭

You'll never believe what I've just seen! :eek:

Heading South on the Portlaoise bypass (M7) just now, there's a middling bit of fog. Approaching the end of the motorway, I came up behind a car with the rear foglights on.

As we came off the motorway back onto the N7, the fog cleared, and you'll NEVER guess what happened!

Never!

Go on, guess.

You'll never get it. :D

I wouldn't have believed it myself, only I saw it with my own eyes ...

Wait for it ...

The driver ahead of me TURNED THEIR FOG LIGHTS OFF!!! :eek::eek::eek:

I'm going to petition Laois County Council to erect a monument at the location to immortalise this momentous event for future generations.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Sweeeet Mother of James's St !!! :eek:

I think you're making this up, have you got any proof ??. Be prepared to get flamed out of it for making such a ridiculous statement.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

But how did he find the button to turn them off, we all know its located in the boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Did he turm off the front fogs though. Or is he fashion concious?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I think most people find it on the test drive, make sure it's working and then forget where it is.

Why, oh why can't car manufacturer's make ALL foglight switches like the one in my Civic; it's switches to the off position when I turn the engine off. When I start the car again, it's still off !!!!!!!! Miracle of miracles!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Listen, I'm sure there's a proper forum for fairy tales like this. We're trying to b*tch about other road users here.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

*reads first post and reckons Rovi must be still drunk after the weekend from that crazy talk* :D

Personally I'd be happier if people put their lights ON when it starts to get dark/overcast/foggy and how hard is it to change a blown bulb really??

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

it wasn't a Skoda Octavia was it?

(Octavia hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet - Unusually )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

:D

I was ready to lock this thread....

...but then Colm mentioned the Octavia so its okay now! ;)

Mike.

It's got a massive boot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

colm_mcm wrote:
    It's got a massive boot

Better than a Golf, don't buy a Golf

• Advertisement

and the interior plastics are of a similar, if not better quality to their Audi equivelant

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

But does it have real fog lights ???? :)

well the front foglights on the old Octavia were mounted in the headlights, thus ruining any potential kudos of having them on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Rovi wrote:
    The driver ahead of me TURNED THEIR FOG LIGHTS OFF!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Yeah right. Next you'll tell us you saw somebody indicate properly around a roundabout... Look there goes a flying pig:p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I feel proud to say I did turn my fog lights off once.

Sadly not everyone is a good little soldier

foglightsbastard.jpg

There was of course NO FOG anywhere in the area this morning as it was overcast all night.

Mike.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The OP probably saw what is commonly called a bulb blowing - no other plausible reason for the lights going out.

Mike - the saxo (or whatever it is) in front of you is driving with the intention of not getting into accidents. See how they managed to get you to avoid rear ending them?

A-ha! There is method in the madness! Should be government policy on the M50 :D

Mike.

Advertisement