Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Bora alarm and engine immobiliser

Options
  • 30-01-2006 8:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Hi,

This morning I had a bit of trouble with my car. Basically, I zapped it with the remote central locking button on my keys, and it didn't open like it normally would. Instead it made some beeping noises and didn't do anything after that. I had made several attempts to open it afterward and no joy, just the same thing. I was able to open the car using the keys and when I climbed in the alarm didnt go off. I tried starting the engine but no joy, The symbol for the immobiliser showed up on the dash.

Anyone here have any idea what could have caused this ? It was very cold this morning and the car was covered in frost, could this have anything to do with it ?

Thanks

Advertisement