Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FG Season 05 Episode 10

• 30-01-2006 12:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

At his high school reunion, Peter pretends to be a big-shot millionaire to impress his classmates, but the truth comes out when he meets Tom Brady and loses all self-control. Peter makes a drunken run for the bathroom that impresses Brady and lands Peter a spot on the New England Patriots football team. Life is great for the Griffins until Peter’s new high profile goes to his head. Meanwhile, Stewie becomes a sports bookie on the “Patriot Games” episode of FAMILY GUY Sunday, Jan. 29 (9:00-9:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FG-425) (TV-14) CC PA: Viewer discretion is advised.

Voice Cast: Seth MacFarlane as Peter Griffin, Stewie Griffin, Brian Griffin, Quagmire; Alex Borstein as Lois Griffin; Seth Green as Chris Griffin; Mila Kunis as Meg Griffin; Mike Henry as Cleveland and Cleveland, Jr.

Guest Voice Cast: Tom Brady as Himself; Wally Wingert as Announcer #1 and Corner Man; John Viener as Announcer #2, Ring Announcer, TV Announcer, British Man and British Woman; Danny Smith as Cop and Horse; Jeff Bergman as Fred Flintstone; Mark Hentemann as Guy and Phony Guy; Patrick Warburton as Joe and Ralph Garman as Number Three.

Whats the verdict? Haven't seen it yet so I'll post up my opinions later!

Which was better this week? 14 votes

Family Guy
    0% 0 votes
    American Dad
    50% 7 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    50% 7 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

have yet to see american dad so not voting yet.
    I'm reeeeeaaaaaaalllllllyyyyyy get tired of the musical bits. were they ever funny? jokes about england weren't even that great. loved the ending though. the stuff with stewie and brian was class, but once again, overdone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Stewie & Brian stuff, brilliant. 95% of Peters stuff, awful. And another 5 minute boring musical number... jesus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

Yep american dad was wayyyyy better.
    the cactus bit was just classic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

family guy was amazing amercian dad was good but that family guy was amaizing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Didn't enjoy 'Family Guy' too much this week and stopped watching 'American Dad' after about the 3rd episode.
    The 'ShiPoopi' (or whatever it was) was just cringeworthy!

The Brian and Stewie stuff was classic especially the very last scene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i concur with everything said about family guy, it was really poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭radiospan

Had one or two moments, but nowhere near as good as 5x09.

Reminded me of a really bad episode of the Simpsons. Especially with the sing song bits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

dont know if i should bother watching it but i want to see
    what happens to Brian :D

The bit with
    Stewie's parachute
    was good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

hmmmmmmmmmmm

did someone say when that episode was done "yes, this episode is funny enough for broadcast". it was a load of ****, too much singing, very few jokes. all that was funny was Brian and Stewie bits. havent watched American Dad yet so cant make judgement

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Again with the musical bits that just won't stop. Why, why, why? The Brian and Stewie bits (including the parachute) were very good.

American Dad this week though had me in stitches. I've never laughed so much at an episode of this ever, it was a lot better than Family Guy, for once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Also thought Family Guy was below par, but thought the
    car dealership advert
    was hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Worth it for the Brian & Stewie bits. Brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 omegoku

Man, I loved the musical part, they took it so far it was funny. The feud between brian and stewie was funny as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Wheres my money?
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Watched American Dad last night. Very good, easily better than FG this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

american dad this week was brilliant...family guy was better than it has been except for some insanly exceptional moments but we know the american dad characters now and they are deadly...roger is a mad hewer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Haven't watched the American dad yet, but I've seen the family guy. It was average, but I definitely agree about the musical numbers. If they want to have some funny lyrics or visual jokes fine, but just doing a song straight doesn't do much more than raise a tiny grin at first, then several minutes of me looking at my watch, imagining the makers panicking: "This episode is five minutes under!" "Just stick in a musical number somewhere".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I thought this episode was awful. Really, really below par. The scene where
    Peter does the musical celebration during a game
    was way too dragged out, and just not funny.

Hopefully the "goodness of new Family Guy is directly proportional to how many weeks break have gone before it" rule will ring true again. The next new episode isn't until March.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Worst family guy episode yet, imo. The whole making a joke last too long, is really annoying, and this was the worst yet.

Advertisement