Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any sparkies got advice ?

Options
  • 30-01-2006 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

Advice Needed,
    Just Coming Near The End Of A New Build, And In The Snag List Process, The Electrics Arenot Yet 2nd Fixed As The House Is Only Plastered Internally About A Week.
    My Query Is How The Tail’s Cable From My Mcb Board Is Going To Get To The Meter Box ?
    External Plaster Is Complete And The Meter Box Is Recessed Into The Gable. I Can Remove The Box To Expose The Cavity. The Electrician Had Previously Said The Cable Would Come Done The Cavity From Attic. But After Inspecting From The Attic You Would Need To Drill Throiugn The Cavity Closer Block And With The Roof In Place There Is No Room To Get A Decent Drill Inand Your Kind Of Drilling Blind Becouse You Can Really See.

Any One Got Any Idea’s Or Easier Way’s Of Doing This Or Is It Even Ok To Run Mains Cable Up The Cavity ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

i normally put it in with the first fix but your electrician may have his own plans the cable needs a sheath in the cavity if there's foam insulation as this affects the cable.you might have to bust a hole at the top of the cavity behind the meter box and patch it

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

cant burst through cavity from back of meter box as that would come out in the bedroom. He didnt put the cable in at 1st fix stage cos the meter box wasnt in. Block layers cut it out with a con-saw when the external plaster was finished.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

sundula wrote:
    cant burst through cavity from back of meter box as that would come out in the bedroom. He didnt put the cable in at 1st fix stage cos the meter box wasnt in. Block layers cut it out with a con-saw when the external plaster was finished.:confused:
    i know
    :eek:

Advertisement