Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Graphics card at the moment?

Options
  • 30-01-2006 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭

Which would be the best graphics card at the moment? how much would it cost?

Cheers
    Cravez

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭iggyman

it would have to be the nvidia 7800gtx 512mb its the fasted one evr made..it would most likely cost way over 1000 euro doh...but a have two of them in sli mode would be the best setup ever

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

iggyman wrote:
    it would have to be the nvidia 7800gtx 512mb its the fasted one evr made..it would most likely cost way over 1000 euro doh...but a have two of them in sli mode would be the best setup ever

where could you buy this online? wouldnt want to ship it over from america(if i was gettin one) so any good Irish or EU sites that would sell this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Irlandczyk27

everythig is for what u want to use it :) if u looking for profesional card like Quadro fx 4500 then u have to look on price ower 2500 euro for single card :) of course u can conet them on SLI Mode :) but then u looking at 5k for graphic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

iggyman wrote:
    it would have to be the nvidia 7800gtx 512mb its the fasted one evr made..
    Not according to this, it ain't top dog anymore it seems.
    I'll spoil the results and make it clear that the X1900XT and XTX are hands down the best cards out there right now.

im not sure were you would get thyem over here man sorry i just dont have a clue..there is usiually the odd one going on sale in the fs computer section which ya might catch if ur fast but other than that i dont know how you can get one over here..

i dont like ATI cards so even if they are better in performance which i wouldnt agree on i still wouldnt even consider buying one..

• Advertisement

im not sure were you would get thyem over here man sorry i just dont have a clue..there is usiually the odd one going on sale in the fs computer section which ya might catch if ur fast but other than that i dont know how you can get one over here..

i dont like ATI cards so even if they are better in performance which i wouldnt agree on i still wouldnt even consider buying one..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

iggyman wrote:
    Fanboi!!! :p
    Just kidding :)
    Personally I like a bit of both, I've a nice mix of Geforces and Radeons in my computers.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

i was actually talkin about this 7800gtx 512mb not that 7800gt..

[HTML]http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2005/11/14/geforce_7800_gtx_512/1.html[/HTML]

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭nl

iggyman wrote:

My flatmates will have two of the 7800GTX 512MB in SLI. He only has the one at the minute but the second one is ordered and is currently being shipped from America.
    Even one of these yokes will play any game (Fear, CS, Doom 2 etc) at max setting and high resolution. Lovely smooth gameplay (constanlty above 60fps). But going by the reviews I think the x1900 xt-x is the business at the minute. Two of them is crossfire would be the untimate. :D

Ah yea and bye the way you'd probable have to part with about 1400 euro (for the 7800 gtx 512 sli). Not the cheapest option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

iggyman wrote:
    i was actually talkin about this 7800gtx 512mb not that 7800gt..

[HTML]http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2005/11/14/geforce_7800_gtx_512/1.html[/HTML]
    Iggyman i just have to say you really do not know your stuff... since when have you seen a 7800gtx on the FS board??? and if you have its once in a blue moon! and cost over 1000 euro eh??? sure the bloody X1900XTX costs less then 700!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭DonkeyRhubarb

I knew when I saw, "Best graphics card at the moment?", there would be war. Ill cut in with a very straight forward and unoffensive answer; all of the NVidia and ATI top end cards are very good regardless. They will all do all you need them to do and more. Isnt that good enough.
    PS, I have a 7800GTX 256 mb and it does all I need and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

When your looking to spend this much on a card, I have to ask, What kind of LCD are you running these on? I know this idiot who forked out for a 7800GT and his LCD was a 17" 25ms 1280x1024. Id want at least a 21" @ 1600x1200 8ms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

ill be getting a 1900XTX soon because it looks like its so much faster than any other in crossfire, i was just wondering when i decide i want another card does it have to be the same model?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

This is a simple question.

Best 1 card solution X1900XTX

Best Dual Card solution 2 x 7800GTX 512MB in SLI

Both are a good way ahead of any competition.

SLI performs slightly better than 2 Crossfire X1900XTX's in most things, but the Crossfire chipset is a POS compared the the NF4, so an SLI Mobo is the only way to go.

Inqui

Advertisement