Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RR spoiler**

• 30-01-2006 12:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

BS Ray Mysterio is 165lbs at a strech :confused::confused::confused:
    I cant take this seriously. I wont be buying WM22 now

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭killeoin

And also Edge losing the title? What the **** is that all about??

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭dinjo

i was not able to order the rumble, but im glad i didn't now..... Rey winning the rumble, whats that about..... Fair enough, hes a good wrestler but he is not good enough to be headlining Wrestlemania..... its a disgrace. They should have had taker enter as a suprise entry and win it...... Taker at wrestlemania to keep his 100% record at the PPV, and going for the title for possibly the final time....... Rey Mysterio Vs "The Champ"... it's gonna suck!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Not even a month holding the title what a load of BS. Should have at least let him hold it for a while longer. Typical really the fans cheer Cena again and he gets the title back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Usually even if you are disatisfied with the outcome of the rumble match, the rumble in itslef is always entertaining and maybe even suprising. However I think this year was possibly the most poorly executed rumble i've ever seen. Flair gone in like 30 seconds, Lashley, after being given a build up that he will be a monster tanks in under 5 mins, and how often wass there a bunch of guys just standing by the ropes ir huddled in a corner doing nothing. It all looked terrible. Did anybod see Goldust's exit, he "magicially" got eliminated by some sort non visual force. Was it just me or did it seem like there was very few big names in the match, it just seemed to be mid carder after mid carder that was entering.

p.s Boogeyman v. JBL, worst match ever :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Rey deserves it. Fans are always bitching about small guys with ability never getting their shot and get passed on by big talentless morons who are infested with roids.

Facts are, Rey has consistently been on the road for a decade and has busted his balls to give great matches. He's devoted his life to pleasing fans and this is how you repay him? Shame on the lot of you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

dlofnep wrote:
    Rey deserves it. Fans are always bitching about small guys with ability never getting their shot and get passed on by big talentless morons who are infested with roids.

Facts are, Rey has consistently been on the road for a decade and has busted his balls to give great matches. He's devoted his life to pleasing fans and this is how you repay him? Shame on the lot of you.

Agreed, Rey's a good worker, and he's over with the fans. Why not let him headline Mania, and I hope he wins it too!.

Or would people have preferred if HHH won it again.

meh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Anyone who is doubting Rey is forgetting about some of his past matches in WWE, and has obviously never seen his WCW feud matches with either Eddie or Dean Malenko.

He deserves the main spot at Wrestlemania at lot more than most wrestlers. Deal with it folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I can't believe some of the negative comments about Rey. He deserves his opportunity.

Do the Rey-bashers only like big sweaty muscular wrestlers?

I think Rey vs Angle at WM22 would be amazing.

I'm disgusted that Edge lost though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

After months of angles like Dr. Vince McMahon operating on JR plucking things from his ass, Jillian Halls mole,The Boggeyman then biting it off, sexual harassment storylines, Kurt Angle proclaiming he would rape Sharmell, Snitsky's foot fetish, Tim White suicide attempts etc etc etc

And you won't take seriously Rey Mysterio?!

I don't like them continuosly exploiting the death of Eddie Guerrero but be that as it may, Rey truly deserves his shot at Wrestlemania. And I thought people would be really really excited to see a match between Angle at Rey given some of their previous matches.

Anyway according to Dave Meltzer he's gonna lose his spot to Randy Orton at No Way Out. So all those heeping negaitivity on Rey can breathe a sigh of relief.

Oh yeah, I too am really annoyed that they took the belt off Edge. Theres talk of a match with Foley at Mania which I guess is some consolation but taking the belt off him makes no sense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I'm also disgusted Edge lost. A disgrace is what it is.

As for Rey winning I dont mind it at all. It's a change. I dont know how theyll build up a Kurt/Taker feud for just a month though for No Way Out and then push Mysterio? Or maybe mania will have a triple threat spin to it with Kurt, Taker and Rey? A real clash of styles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

Honestly I don't get what all the negativity about Mysterio winning is coming from. At least we didn't get the usual predictable outcome this year. Rey is a deserving winner. Had HHH won again people would likely still bitch. Sometimes it seems people will bitch and moan about not having anything to bitch and moan about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

good that Mysterio will headline

but Edge has lost the title already? WTF
    thank christ i didnt order it this year

Just to re-empahasise whats circulating around the web. Dave Meltzer "The winner of tonight's Royal Rumble is not scheduled for a main event at Wrestlemania this year". Wade Keller for www.pwtorch is reporting the same. Writing that Orton will defeat Rey and get his main event spot at Wrestlemania.

I'm not suggesting both of them are always 100% right but the fact that both of them are pretty credible and the fact that both have reported it must be taken into account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

ALRIGHT, this really pisses me off, why are ppl soo against smallish wrestlers competing for the wwe title???? i have watched rey since he came into the wwe and for feck sake tha man has worked hard to get where he is and had more stage presence, size isint every thing you know... come here what if triple h won the damn rumble.... again??:rolleyes: there would be some in here bitching a moaning about it.... i for one will be buying wm22 this year and will be cheering rey mysterio all the way... he has proved his worth for the wwe and he's proved his worth to the wwe fans as well.

and what the fawk is cena doing back with the fawking title.... jaysus :eek: :rolleyes: was the money in the bank all a fawking joke..... alright i like cena i really do, but to give him back the title 3 weeks after losing the damn thing..... *sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Nightmareofgold

The last person i wanted to win the royal rumble was rey and he flippin did, he was terrible in that match lying in a corner for over 20 min. BORE! I personally hate rey mysterio becuase he is a 3 move wonder. He does NOT deserve a title match because he cant put a good match on(last year, rey vs eddie, CRAP) . I would of much preferred Randy Orton , HHH or hell RVD to win. Rey mysterio wont be round in 10 years so there is no point wasting time on him. Tatanka impressed me tho

alright, if the rumours are true

if undertaker wins the world heavy wieght title against angle at no way out and if orton beats rey in a match for his wm22 shot.. that would mean orton vs taker for the world title, now didnt we already have orton vs the undertaker last year at wresltemania..... and again this year..... havent we been through these kind of matches already, plus the hell in the cell match should have and did kill that rivalry in december..... sooo why bring up those two guys again, wouldnt orton vs take be a very old and stale match, even if it's for the wwe title. if they do have that match at wm22 are they going to give orton a title run and let taker lose his wm winning streak record???? i dont think they would do that

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

first of taker v orton at WM makes alot of sense with orton going over aginast taker in a clean finish to really set orton up as champ.
    as for rey bashing i agree with anyone bashing rey winning as 5 years ago when he was a risk taker and a 'credible' high flyer i'd have had no prob but look at him now 619, hurracanrana/ chest splash, bronco buster, oh yeah and some silly twirl off the bad guys shoulder into god knows what. if rey of ecw or wcw [halloween havoc v eddie] credible rey of today defo not. hell a rey finish makes hogans leg drop look like the best thing ever.
    last but not least cena champ again WTF!!! best story they could have set up was to try turn edge into somewhat of a face and have cena go thuganomics on his a$$. to set up cena as the bad guy and to reintroduce cena's old promos.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

btw anyone notice the wrestlers reactions when both matt hardy [himself] or RVD [orton] got eliminated almost as if they weren't meant to be?
    i dunno if i'm reading to much into it but just thought i'd ask

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

They won't let Taker lose the WM 'Unbroken Record', especially the year he probably retires......

I'm happy for Rey though; deserved (even though he looks like he will lose it)

as for Cena, I will quote a conversation I had with an Esteemed Colleague post match....

ME: 'Cena Wins! WTF?'
    EC: 'What, did'nt you see? He has his own ramp!'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Am I the only one who would not like to see Undertaker anywhere near a Wrestlmania main event ?? His gimmick can only go so far, i know he's been there so long and has rightly got all the plaudits for what he's given to WWE, but how can you have a guy headline Wrestlemania who only is used every month or so in a story line for the past year and a half. How many "returns" has he had? Got nothing at all against The Undertaker, but id rather see guys like Angle, Orton, Mysterio bust their asses putting on a incredible show. Lets be honest, Taker hasnt had a brilliant match in ages, the feud with Orton was pretty good but most of it was the usual "someone afraid of Taker" routine. I know Taker has got loads and loads of fans, but its not very impressive when the best thing about him these days is his entrance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Lot of different points sprung out of this thread, but basically my thoughts -

Edge losing was just stupid. Yes, I’m a big fan of his and yes, I said after he won the big one that I wouldn’t care if he lost it the following night just as long as he got to say he was champ, but it's obvious now the only reason Cena was tripped of the belt was to try and stop the booing (Newsflash Vince - it hasn’t worked, if anything, it will get worse).Let's just hope Edge gets back into the title picture for Mania somehow.
    Rey completely disserves his shot, he's hugely talented and works his socks off. Granted, this whole "doing it for Eddie" thing is a bit silly (What about Chavo or Benoit? were they not doing it for Eddie?).Yes, he's small but his ability more than makes up for it.
    And once again, I can’t believe I’m saying it, but fair play to HHH. He did the job, helped put Rey over (Even let Orton be runner up) and for the moment is still not in the title picture 9Since June, has to be a record for him).Unless he has found a loophole that’s allows him to win, unify and retire both belts at WM, then it can’t be a bad thing.
    As for who's going to be in what title match, don't forget we have No Way Out and Saturday Night's Main Event (A Joint PPV I presume) to go before the big one, there's bound to be serious developments by then.
    The last two PPV's ended differently to what was predicted, which is great considering how tedious it has been the last while, so let's hope that continues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

i have no problem with rey being in WM main event, but a guy who's basically twelve stone was never at any point picked up and dropped over the top rope, thats stretching it, plus i thought the way he won, basically with the two head scissors in a row over the top rope was sloppy, it was a little unimaginative, with his athletecisim he could have done the last two in different ways.
    as i'm thinking about it it's not that he won that bothers me it's just specifically the fact that he repeated the move to eliminate the last two.
    anyway it might be fun to have him in the WM main event, but he'll need a slightly smaller champ than we have, someone faster that can play to reys strengths

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Dragan wrote:
    Anyone who is doubting Rey is forgetting about some of his past matches in WWE, and has obviously never seen his WCW feud matches with either Eddie or Dean Malenko.

He deserves the main spot at Wrestlemania at lot more than most wrestlers. Deal with it folks.
    The Rey who had incedible matchs with Eddie and Melenko in WCW is long gone IMO. The westcoast (cheap) popin 619'n Rey got stale after about 18 months in WWE. Rey needs a heel turn not a main event push.

I think Angle is the perfect opponent for Mysterio. Rey's strenghts are his speed and his high flying moves. Of course Angle can adapt to that. I've seen few that are better at adapting to different styles.

If the Mania World Title match stays as it stands (which I hope it does) then in my opinion we're in for a very good match indeed. I've seen just about every match Mysterio and Angle have had together. They've all been good. Compare this match to what we got last year at Mania. This match is an obvious improvement.

I think Angle is the perfect opponent for Mysterio. Rey's strenghts are his speed and his high flying moves. Of course Angle can adapt to that. I've seen few that are better at adapting to different styles.

If the Mania World Title match stays as it stands (which I hope it does) then in my opinion we're in for a very good match indeed. I've seen just about every match Mysterio and Angle have had together. They've all been good. Compare this match to what we got last year at Mania. This match is an obvious improvement.

yeah but Angle V Mysterio......Its no Stone Cold V Shawn Michaels with Tynson as special guest!

Yeah but you're talking 8 years ago. Different era. It's like comparing apples and oranges. WWE is nowhere near as hot as it was during the Attitude era. Everything was red hot back then. But if we're talking strictly match quality, I don't think HBK V Austin was an overly awesome match.

I think given the state of Sd right now, Angle v Mysterio is the best main event they could have gone with.

I think it would take away from it all if Rey lost his shot to Orton. That means he'd probably get a thrown together match at Mania if he were to lose whilst Orton would get a title shot whereas they can build on Mysterio's win for the road to Wrestlemania.

Yeah but you're talking 8 years ago. Different era. It's like comparing apples and oranges. WWE is nowhere near as hot as it was during the Attitude era. Everything was red hot back then. But if we're talking strictly match quality, I don't think HBK V Austin was an overly awesome match.

I think given the state of Sd right now, Angle v Mysterio is the best main event they could have gone with.

Thats one thing that Russo was right about.....the vast majority of people don't watch WWE for the "match quality"....they watch it for the angles. I happen to agree as to be honest I wouldn't sit down and watch a 30+ min match (its fake remember!)...I want to watch it for the build up, storylines etc...not the actual wrestling itself. Maybe im in the minority but I don't think so.

I do prefer match quality over angles. That's not to say I'm not a fan of angles etc. It's just sometimes there can be too much of it.

An equal balance of both would be nice.

• Advertisement

I do prefer match quality over angles. That's not to say I'm not a fan of angles etc. It's just sometimes there can be too much of it.

An equal balance of both would be nice.

The problem is that most people don't im afraid.
    buddy:-)

Corholio wrote:
    Am I the only one who would not like to see Undertaker anywhere near a Wrestlmania main event ?? His gimmick can only go so far, i know he's been there so long and has rightly got all the plaudits for what he's given to WWE, but how can you have a guy headline Wrestlemania who only is used every month or so in a story line for the past year and a half. How many "returns" has he had? Got nothing at all against The Undertaker, but id rather see guys like Angle, Orton, Mysterio bust their asses putting on a incredible show. Lets be honest, Taker hasnt had a brilliant match in ages, the feud with Orton was pretty good but most of it was the usual "someone afraid of Taker" routine. I know Taker has got loads and loads of fans, but its not very impressive when the best thing about him these days is his entrance.
    the only thing i'd say to you there though is that you must be relatively new to the scene, because taker has been busting his ass putting on incredible shows for 15 years, this has taken it's toll which is why he's missing, he has literally worn his body down for wwe, there would be no wwe for angle or orton if undertaker hadn't been around, along with stone cold he helped win the monday night wars, and considering he does the JOB whenever he's needed despite being a legend *ahem hogan take note*, remember when randy and bob won the casket match.
    the undertaker is as mick foley put it a remarkably tough bastard,in the infamous hell in a cell, after foley crashed through the cage undertaker dropped down into the cage onto a broken foot, not counting the fact he climbed the cage with a broken foot and never broke character, and in foley's first book he credits him as one of the best ever. he's nursing a hip injury and despite that he puts on superior matches to the majority of the roster.
    wwe owe undertaker big time. he helped them become as big as they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

i ordered the rumble. i thought it was bad this year. i reckon this years rumble was all about keeping the crowd (american crowd) happy.
    Raw this monday night was fantastic though, way better value than the €22 i spent on the rumble.

killeoin wrote:
    The problem is that most people don't im afraid.
    buddy:-)

I disagree completely. WWE's/ wrestling is so small in comparison to the late 90's when you had WWE in the 6s, WCW in the 3s and ECW close to 1 in terms of tv ratings.
    In my opinion the vast bulk of WWE core audience are hardcores who want good wrestling. I'm not saying people don't want good angles. They want both.
    Take Cena for example, the male core audience are against him as he has been shown up as a guy who is a poor worker when he was in the ring with great workers like Jericho, Angle and HBK.

THERES all this talk with rey up against angle for world title, lads what if rey moved to raw???? and competed for the wwe title..... maybe lita hitting edge maybe the start of a "relationship" between cena and cena turning heel..

although i dont think smackdown can afford to lose any more of it's star players. but it's an idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Nightmareofgold

There is NO WAY in hell that Cena will be going heel for a good while

Remember : Cena as face = LOADS OF MERCH BEING SOLD

Cena as heel : No money being made, and ya might aswell bring back B squared

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

the only thing i'd say to you there though is that you must be relatively new to the scene, because taker has been busting his ass putting on incredible shows for 15 years, this has taken it's toll which is why he's missing, he has literally worn his body down for wwe, there would be no wwe for angle or orton if undertaker hadn't been around, along with stone cold he helped win the monday night wars, and considering he does the JOB whenever he's needed despite being a legend *ahem hogan take note*, remember when randy and bob won the casket match.
    the undertaker is as mick foley put it a remarkably tough bastard,in the infamous hell in a cell, after foley crashed through the cage undertaker dropped down into the cage onto a broken foot, not counting the fact he climbed the cage with a broken foot and never broke character, and in foley's first book he credits him as one of the best ever. he's nursing a hip injury and despite that he puts on superior matches to the majority of the roster.
    wwe owe undertaker big time. he helped them become as big as they are.

For the record i have been watching wrestling since 1991-92, I never said Undertaker never busted his ass in WWE, in fact if you read it i game him a lot of credit, the same amount your giving him in your post. The fact is do you want a main event with quality wrestling or a main event just so WWE can "owe" Undertaker" as you put it. Taker has had some brilliant matches and has taken all the the plaudits and deservedly so, however as you put it on your own post, his body has been worn down and IMO has not had a great match in quite a while. The fact is that a guy like Angle is a better wrestler than Taker ever was or ever will be, thats not taking away from Taker, i think thatd be most peoples opinion. You mention that Taker jobs when needed, i wouldnt go as far as saying that, you mentioned he jobbed in the casket match, but who won the last match of the feud with Orton ???. Most of what you say about Taker has happened in the past, and also i dont want to know the result of Wrestlemania match before it actually happens, is that what we have to put up with every time Takers wrestles at Wrestlemania ??? Just to keep his record going ?? Imagine how over someone like Orton would get if he defeated Taker at Mania. Undertaker is a legend in this business, no doubting, but for Wrestlemania 22 there are others IMO ahead of him for main event spots.

Corholio wrote:
    IMO has not had a great match in quite a while.
    you mentioned he jobbed in the casket match, but who won the last match of the feud with Orton ???.
    how about taker jobbing clean and simple in the middle of the ring for brock, or nearly losing to jeff (not even in the same league) hardy, losing to JBL. Taker had done the job many times, i was only using one example. and by the way no, i wouldn't see it as fitting that a 3 or 4 year star would end the only thing taker has to take form his career of excellent matches and loyal service, randy orton will set his own markers(he was the youngest champ in history) he doesn't need to take away undertakers.
    the simple fact is like you said everything in your post is your opinion, and taker in my opinion and the opinions of the wwe and most if not all of the fans is that he's still one of the best, a reduced presence on tv doesn't alter his inring ability.
    i know kurt is better then him, but kurt is better than everyone, ever.
    kurt won't throw away the title easily, in fact i'd dare say mark henry will interfer in the no way out match to keep the belt with angle and set up taker taking out henry.
    but i'd rather watch taker anyday than at least half of the roster

I disagree completely. WWE's/ wrestling is so small in comparison to the late 90's when you had WWE in the 6s, WCW in the 3s and ECW close to 1 in terms of tv ratings.
    In my opinion the vast bulk of WWE core audience are hardcores who want good wrestling. I'm not saying people don't want good angles. They want both.
    Take Cena for example, the male core audience are against him as he has been shown up as a guy who is a poor worker when he was in the ring with great workers like Jericho, Angle and HBK.

Well if you believe that my friend then you're a fool. The vast bulk of WWE core audience are not hardcores they are childern.

killeoin wrote:
    Well if you believe that my friend then you're a fool. The vast bulk of WWE core audience are not hardcores they are childern.

No doubt kids make up a pretty sizeable proportion of WWE viewers. But a core part of their audience are 16-34 year old males. Pop in Jericho v Cena at Summerslam and you get a good read on WWE audience. The shrilled, higher octane voice that are cheering Cena are the kids.

The angry testosterone filled lower toned voices chanting for Jericho are that 16-34 male core audience who want a credible champion that can not only carry himself well on the mic but can deliver match after match.

Maybe I am a fool. Funny i thought it was pretty logical though.You know people watch a wrestling show because they want to see good wrestling combined with entertaining storylines? I guess I'm wrong.

No doubt kids make up a pretty sizeable proportion of WWE viewers. But a core part of their audience are 16-34 year old males. Pop in Jericho v Cena at Summerslam and you get a good read on WWE audience. The shrilled, higher octane voice that are cheering Cena are the kids.
    The fact that Cena is still champ just shows in my opinion how many kids actually watch wrestling.
    The angry testosterone filled lower toned voices chanting for Jericho are that 16-34 male core audience who want a credible champion that can not only carry himself well on the mic but can deliver match after match.
    Jericho already had his chance and he wasn't able to "run with the ball". 'm not here to bash him, I feel the same way you do about him but the sad fact is that he had his chance and for whatever reason it didn't work out. You have to admit he was a poor champ don't you? In that peroid it seemed like the belt didn't even exist at times!
    Maybe I am a fool. Funny i thought it was pretty logical though.You know people watch a wrestling show because they want to see good wrestling combined with entertaining storylines? I guess I'm wrong.
    I don't mean to offend you but I think you are.

• Advertisement

killeoin wrote:
    The fact that Cena is still champ just shows in my opinion how many kids actually watch wrestling.

Just as the negative reactions he got during his title reign shows how many people appreciate wrestling.

killeoin wrote:
    Jericho already had his chance and he wasn't able to "run with the ball.

Yeah, and like you said there could have been any number of reasons to blame for this. I believe that Jericho would do a great job as champ today.
    killeoin wrote:
    I don't mean to offend you but I think you are.

I don't belive he is. Not meaning to offend you but so far this debate is two to one in favour of wrestling.

Lets get back to the issues that have come up.
    Like I said a large segment of WWE's audience are kids. No doubt. It is a major reason why Cena was given the belt. Woman and kids bought the merchandise, paid for their tickets and bought ppvs.

But its quite obvious their main demographic is 16-34 year old males. The evidence is their in terms of how ad revenue is negotiated for the WWE on that age group, TNA aswell, the fact that raw airs at 10 pm over there and also by just looking at WWE audience at a Raw or Smackdown event.

I only used Jericho v Cena match as an example. I'm not talking about Jericho's run. Thats another issue that I think we could argue about as well seeing as how poorly booked he was. My point in talking about that match was to just show that their was a core portion of that audience (16 -34 year old males) who reject Cena because compared to previous champions(Austin, The Rock, Triple H, Angle, Benoit and Guerrero) who have been pushed like he has, he just can't deliver in the ring.

People want good wrestling when they pay money to see a wrestling show. Dont they? Am i fooling myself?

And back to the original issue being that Rey v Angle is hardly a marquee match. Well I think its the best they could do under the circumstances they are faced with. Smackdown won't win any awards for its writing but its had some huge setbacks this year that were out of thier control.

Anyway spending time to watch those 2 wrestle is a pretty good way to spend a half an hour I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

Rey winning the Rumble was the smartest things the WWE has done in a long time!
    He is way over,good in the ring,loved by all(cept a few dip ****s here),is one of the most consistent wrestlers in the business ever and out and out the best small wrestler alive today!
    I would be happy with Rey V. a cardboard box at WM ,but angle,edge,orton,cena,HHH,UNdertaker will do me fine!

I pray to gid he headlines wrestlemania and not orton,u really cant give some the Rumble and then take there shot away!
    I might be wrong but winning the rumble nearly guarentees a title run

Rey winning the Rumble was the smartest things the WWE has done in a long time!
    He is way over,good in the ring,loved by all(cept a few dip ****s here),is one of the most consistent wrestlers in the business ever and out and out the best small wrestler alive today!
    I would be happy with Rey V. a cardboard box at WM ,but angle,edge,orton,cena,HHH,UNdertaker will do me fine!

I pray to gid he headlines wrestlemania and not orton,u really cant give some the Rumble and then take there shot away!
    I might be wrong but winning the rumble nearly guarentees a title run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

lol. you already said that.

i still don't buy him as a main eventer at WM.
    yes, he is over, he can wrestle, he is consistent. but that fact of the matter is that h is far too small. someone made a sarcastic comment about bringing goldberg back. not something i would agree with. the guy is a joke, but so is rey winning the rumble. not liking him doesn't make me a dip****. i like to think of myself as a realist.
    rey is a great cruiserweight, but that's about all he is. look at the size of him ffs. we all know that wrestling is fake, but we also get caught up in the angles and the story lines. rey is ove rwith the fans because he whined about the death of his friend. if it wasn't for eddie's death, rey would not have won the rumble. this is merely cashing in on the tragic death of a fan favourite.

just to reiterate, rey is a good wrestler, but not (in my opinion) a wrestlemania headliner. regardless, he won the rumble and is going to wrestlemania to (more than likely) take the belt from cena (another person who should not be headlining wrestlemania).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Having won the Rumble, he should go to WM and participate in one of the co-main events. They should not allow him to lose his spot, as that will take away from the importance of all future Rumbles. However, if it were up to me, the World title he should choose to go after is the Cruiserweight title. Start pushing that as a serious title by making it the third last match on the card, and a title that the Rumble winner actually considered important enough to go after. Also, having that title on the best Cruiserweight in the company would make a lot of sense. Of course, even if they did do that, they probably undo it all on the following edition of SD, rather than continue to push the title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 killeoin2

Johnmb wrote:
    Having won the Rumble, he should go to WM and participate in one of the co-main events. They should not allow him to lose his spot, as that will take away from the importance of all future Rumbles. However, if it were up to me, the World title he should choose to go after is the Cruiserweight title. Start pushing that as a serious title by making it the third last match on the card, and a title that the Rumble winner actually considered important enough to go after. Also, having that title on the best Cruiserweight in the company would make a lot of sense. Of course, even if they did do that, they probably undo it all on the following edition of SD, rather than continue to push the title.

yeah in theory you're right but the one problem is that in turn it would devalue the WWE title...

I'd love to see Rey with the title and then all the cruisers and Juniors come out, hoist him up and chant that 'there's hope for us yet'. Well...maybe not the juniors...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I doubt WWE will ever give a small guy the title. I find it hard to believe Rey will get this title shot. Although, there's still hope..WWE has signed Super Porky! He's the junior who was eatin the ham. Class wrestler

Right so if people want to be realists about wrestling then your main event is going to be Big show v. Kane and Undertaker v.Big Vis !

That is realistic,take the biggest,strongest guys on the roster and have them with the titles.
    Everyone know that the underdog wins!
    Everyone taught eddie would get his ass handed to him by Lesnar,the same man that put down the rock,hulk,big show,taker etc...but no,eddie walked away with the title.
    And saying that Ray is getting a push cuz of eddies death is low,he is getting the push cuz the roster went Batista/Eddie/Ray and so on...if eddie and ray liked each otehr or not he still would of been handed the chance.
    All I am gonna say is that Ray is waolking out with a title at WM and it sure as **** wont be the cruiserweight title

• Advertisement
Advertisement