Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RR spoiler**

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

Right so if people want to be realists about wrestling then your main event is going to be Big show v. Kane and Undertaker v.Big Vis !

That is realistic,take the biggest,strongest guys on the roster and have them with the titles.
    Everyone know that the underdog wins!
    Everyone taught eddie would get his ass handed to him by Lesnar,the same man that put down the rock,hulk,big show,taker etc...but no,eddie walked away with the title.
    And saying that Ray is getting a push cuz of eddies death is low,he is getting the push cuz the roster went Batista/Eddie/Ray and so on...if eddie and ray liked each otehr or not he still would of been handed the chance.
    All I am gonna say is that Ray is waolking out with a title at WM and it sure as **** wont be the cruiserweight title

hear hear :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'm willing to bet anything that Rey won't even be challenging for a title come WM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I find it hard to believe that the guy who lasted longer in the Rumble match than anyone in history will be denied his chance to wrestle for the title at Mania...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

i'm getting slightly annoyed with all these rumours.... why would the wwe let rey win the royal rumble and then take it away from him??? why???

if that is the plan then why didnt they just hand it to orton or hhh????

do they want hhh to do it the hard way and have to fight his way to get to the main event at wrestlemania????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I dont know if Ive said this but Rey is Mania material whether he's in the main event or not. If he loses the shot to Orton at NWO then what feud has he walking into Mania? They wont give him some thrown together match. I've a feeling Rey will headline. Orton on the other hand can easily ignite a feud with taker for mania, maybe costing him his shot at NWO against Angle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 TripleB

Right so if people want to be realists about wrestling then your main event is going to be Big show v. Kane and Undertaker v.Big Vis !

That is realistic,take the biggest,strongest guys on the roster and have them with the titles.
    Everyone know that the underdog wins!
    Everyone taught eddie would get his ass handed to him by Lesnar,the same man that put down the rock,hulk,big show,taker etc...but no,eddie walked away with the title.
    And saying that Ray is getting a push cuz of eddies death is low,he is getting the push cuz the roster went Batista/Eddie/Ray and so on...if eddie and ray liked each otehr or not he still would of been handed the chance.
    All I am gonna say is that Ray is waolking out with a title at WM and it sure as **** wont be the cruiserweight title

With reference to Eddie, we don't know what was going on behind the scenes with Brock, did people maybe have some idea he was getting restless and wanted to leave?....I know it was a full year before hand but maybe that might be part of the reason he lost and Eddie won?....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

TripleB wrote:
    With reference to Eddie, we don't know what was going on behind the scenes with Brock, did people maybe have some idea he was getting restless and wanted to leave?....I know it was a full year before hand but maybe that might be part of the reason he lost and Eddie won?....

It wasn’t a full year before hand; Lesnar dropped the belt to Eddie at No Way Out in February and left the WWE after wrestlemania a month later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 TripleB

I thought Eddie and Benoit both won the title at Mania? Must be my mistake. Anyway, it only makes my point stronger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

TripleB wrote:
    I thought Eddie and Benoit both won the title at Mania? Must be my mistake. Anyway, it only makes my point stronger!
    you're right it is your mistake ;) , eddie beat brock at No Way Out with the help of a Goldberg Spear, he retained against Kurt angle at WM XX, Benoit Beat the Champ Triple H and other Challenger HBK.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I find it hard to believe that the guy who lasted longer in the Rumble match than anyone in history will be denied his chance to wrestle for the title at Mania...

Not only that, but how much does it devalue the Rumble itself, if the shot is lost at the next PPV?

While Im not Reys biggest fan, i think the way the Rumble ended was amazing. In fact, my dinner ended up on the floor because I jumped when Orton went over the top. My broekn leg and ankle didnt respond kindly to that at all thank you very much.

Now, a few random thoughts

- Is there going to be an inter brand match at Mania? I cant remember anything stand out in the Rumble like recent years ie Brock/Goldy, HBK/Angle.

- The obvious spin off for HBK is a match against Vince or Shane or both.

- Quite importantly, why was the Rumble 'mid card'? Why was Cena and Edge the main event? The Rumble should headline is own fúcking PPV for christs sake.

- As Dfens already stated, props to Hunter. I dont care less what anyone says about him, he continually does whats right for the business, and this Rumble was no exception. I really hope its he who faces Cena at Mania and takes the title back, give it the credibility it needs (though thats a rant for another day).

Now, as for the nonsense people have spouted re Rey not being good enough. Poppycock. He has great matches regularly, and is refreshing to see the small guy come out on top. While I really wanted HHH to win it and face Angle at Mania, Rey was a great option. Jesus, id hate to see the bile posted on wrestling forums worldwide had Trips won.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I want to see Triple H and Cena. Why? Because its one match I dont really see Cena dominating. By that I mean he gets a whooping makes a miraculous comeback and ends up getting a win, which i know happens in a lot of matches but Cena makes it look cheesey in some way IMO.

Anyway, if HHH gets the strap and we get a rematch between the two, ill take satisfaction in seeing Cena lose two PPV events in a row.

Advertisement