Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bushy Park

• 30-01-2006 1:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Hi all;

Does any one here run in Bushy park?? Is there any good tracks in there that are about a mile long??

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭epo addict

yes i train in bushy park but only from march till late september as there is no light at night in the park..Two clubs have training groups that do sessions there and on a good summer night you would see hundreds of runners of all standards taking part..We do sets of 1500m some weeks so thats as close to the mile you will get..All starts again early march so pop down on a tuesday night as this is the main session night for Rathfarnham ac and sportsworld

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭dermCu

.98 close enough ?
    There are loads of options for a mile loop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

So basically just down through the forest, around the lake and back up again will be roughly a mile.

thats great as i am planning on using the park for marathon training next march

That's funny, I was just about to go take my walk in bushy park :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭dermCu

Not really. Try zoom in on the map, that route doesnt go around the lake.
    More like a lap of all the pitches except that when you get to the tennis courts go down the hill, around the small building at the bottom(like a bandstand) and back up the hill. Then back on your way around the pitches.

It's great for intervals/tempo running.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Thats great, i know where you talking about now.

Thanks a mill

Ter!

Advertisement