Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

email sig with company logo but no attachment

Options
  • 30-01-2006 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi.

My brother has set up his own business and has the company logo down below his signature at the bottom of every email.

If there are way to use the logo without it coming in as an attachment ?

Maybe i could reference it from the server where the site is hosted but what code needs to go into the page to do this ?

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Send the mail as HTML and include the image as a link, i.e. img src="...".

It's by no means foolproof. If the recipient is using a text-only client, the mail will appear as code, and unreadable to most people. If he's using certain clients, e.g. outlook, the image may appear as a red box with "Images have been blocked for security reasons".

If it's for a newletter, I would advise giving people the option for Plaintext or HTML when signing up. If it's for general use, I would advise not using an image at all, just text, in bold italic or something. Much cleaner and more predictable.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

or have a look at these guys:
    http://www.plaxo.com/signature

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

daveym wrote:
    or have a look at these guys:
    http://www.plaxo.com/signature

Very annoying system. It only works on windows and you get all these people sending you these really annoying emails asking you to update your details.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

yeah it's crap, but so it putting a sig like that on your emails!
    no matter what way you do it...

keep in short, txt based and simple. but if you want to do it, they look good on windows based pcs..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Email sigs if done properly will work fine on other platforms.. it's just the plaxo spam that bugs me :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

actually while we are on the subject, how do you get entourage on OSx to allow you have a image as a link in a sig! i can get an image into it, but cannot make it link!

Advertisement