Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Nature Of Infinity" - Ricky Gervais / Karl Pilkington

Options
  • 30-01-2006 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,936 ✭✭✭✭

Further proof that Karl Pilkington rules all!

The Nature Of Infinity

If you like what to see, download Podcasts by Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant and Karl Pilkington here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,936 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not one reply!? :eek:

... c'mon, that was brillant!

How about this.. some of his views, beliefs and philosophies from Wikipedia:
    Pilkington has expressed several opinions which most people would find unusual (and sometimes offensive). These include:
    • He learnt at school that Jaffa cakes go some way to cure cancer (not fully). Apparently it's the orangey bit.
    • 'Squoze' is a word... e.g. 'Last night Ricky squoze my little round bald manc head'.
    • In addition to "squoze", Karl has also used "grippage" (for walls or surfaces with a lot of grip,) "wroted" (as the past form of the verb "to write") in conversation and the phrase "bungled in" which means to bundle multiple items/people into one pile. It is assumed he meant to say "bundled in."
    • Fascinated with freaks and a supplement from FHM that contains "the 50 best freaks ever". Featured are a pillow man, a three legged juggler (not using the gift he has been given), a bloke with a tiny head that ages fast (he has a birthday every other week) and the hairy Chinese kid.
    • A solution to population growth is to have everyone drop dead at 78 and have a baby grow out of them.
    • Karl also feels that when you die (at 78), you should have "something" injected into your temple, which will then, somehow, bring you back to life. Additionally, when you've been resurrected by this miracle cure injection you then begin to get younger. So, by the time you're 9 months, people won't be "sad and that" by the fact you're going to die and in turn, you won't be depressed because you're too young to realise.
    • "You never see a homeless Chinese person". Karl also believes that Chinese people "age worse" than other races.
    • Homosexuals are "always tired" as they "stay out late".
    • British judges wear wigs to conceal their identity.
    • Karl isn't a huge fan of charities after being misled about helping the aged. He initially thought he was assisting an old lady called Edna by sending her donations for her heating bill. A few months later, Karl received a letter from Edna with an attached photograph revealing that she had a sun tan.
    • "You'll never see an old person eating a Twix, but they always buy ornaments".
    • Karl also has a fear of doctors and a hatred of nudists. It should be said that this hatred of nudists did not prevent Karl from "showin' a bit of arse-cheek" whilst doing the washing-up to a women Karl saw nude in order to "give a bit back" from the kitchen window. His fear of doctors is based on the assertion that "they're bound to find something wrong with you" and, more specifically, the need for a doctor to insert a finger up a rectum to check for prostate cancer.
    • Scientists spend too much time "messin' about with things we don't need". Karl cites the attempt by scientists to piece together a mammoth as potentially dangerous, because the planet is running out of space to accommodate such creatures.
    • Some bacteria have better lives than Inuits.
    • The legendary Christmas Day football match on no-man's land during World War I never happened, primarily because the situation raises the question of why they brought a football with them into battle.
    • There is too much choice in "toffee shops", and one type of toffee is enough. Or maybe two.
    • If Karl could be anyone in the world, he would be Bruce Willis.
    • If Karl could have one superpower it would be invisibility so he could sneak into HMV before it shut and then sneak back out once the shop opened again in the morning.
    • Karl's idea of perfect happiness is "fish fingers, potato cakes and baked beans for tea ".
    • His least favourite noise is the sound of a fire engine siren - "it's a bit un-necessary"
    • The Biblical account of Noah's Ark is probably true, since "it's out there in book form."

.. these are all things Karl has voiced about at one time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

I love that clip. :D Unless my mind has completely given up on me, it's from Politics, right? Ricky Gervais and Karl Pilkington are a great double act. I can't wait to actually listen to the podcasts.

*copies basquille's second post and forwards it on to random people*

• Registered Users Posts: 43,936 ✭✭✭✭Basq

..Unless my mind has completely given up on me, it's from Politics, right? Ricky Gervais and Karl Pilkington are a great double act. I can't wait to actually listen to the podcasts..
    Yep.. it's from a 20 minute interview between Ricky and Karl on the 'Politics' DVD..

- phenomenal stuff!

Podcasts are fantastic also!

Advertisement