Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Stolen Wheels

Options
  • 30-01-2006 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭

Was passing through Drumcondra this morning and noticed the Gardai were standing next to this "veh-he-kel". When I looked initially I spotted the owner who looked really distressed. I was wondering to myself, what happened, only then did I spot her new 06 Toyota Corolla up on bricks!! Given the 06 reg of the car it couldn't have been older that 1 week. Poor thing...

This was this was on a busy route (next to Fagan's pub for those that know the area) - these guys must have been super quick. Anyhow a word of warning to those with Alloys - GET LOCK NUTS!

Which begs the question, I assume that there was alloys on the car, but imagine for a moment that they just needs 4 new tires! Maybe lock nuts for steel wheels as well?

Comments

Funny that. My garage told me to get rid of the lock nuts I had as he says they tend to loose their grooves after making them difficult to remove. They are very cheap ones. He said nobody really robs alloys anymore. (Yeah right!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

ronoc wrote:
    He said nobody really robs alloys anymore. (Yeah right!)

Probably because most have lock-nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

That's a good point about the tyres jayok, Corollas don't usually come with alloys but if it was brand new they may have been after the tyres alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

Thats right opposite Berties constituency office, theres usually an unmarked Camry sitting outside it, risky place to rob wheels from!

Advertisement