Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Gaming Clubs

• 30-01-2006 2:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

Yo people, im trying to get involved in some clubs/socities that might already be up and running in Ireland, specially Dublin, centred around Retro/Classic Consoles and Gaming. I know that there is a British magazine dedicated to the subject and every once and a while there seems to be a few conventions and **** with collectable pieces, rare games, and guys playin 20 yr old consoles in England bt im yet to see it in IRE. Does any1 know if theres anything ever on like that in Dublin anytime during the year?

If not, would anyone be interested in starting a club like that up in Dublin?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think there was something in the hotel opposite connolly station once a year or so, never went mind you.
    Not sure if the numbers exist here for such a convention, I mean of all the gamers I personally know I am the only one who owns anything over 10 years old. While I enjoy and evangelise retro gaming when and where possible I am yet to convert anyone!
    But my missin continues nonetheless, perhaps this thread will be the start of something.
    I would love to see an event in Dublin somewhere, not a likely thing but you never know.

Advertisement