Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Formatting a poster for printing!

Options
  • 30-01-2006 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭

Ok im in a bit of a sticky pickle so I need boards help quickly!

Basically I've designed a poster but I haven't got it formatted the way the printer wants and to be honest I'm not great at this stuff. I designed it in publisher and it looks great but here's what the printer wants....

300bpi
    3mm bleed
    A2 size

How do i do this easily to a file designed in Publisher?!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Or if this isn't the right place, please refer me on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

ok what way is it being printed? is it digital, 4 colour process or spot? if its the latter you have big problems, if its either of the other two, its not gonna be great but you could try this:

get someone who has publisher, and acrobat installed, and 'print' to a pdf, that will get it into a format a printer will use, though you will still have the problem of a bleed. 300 dpi means that it should be set up with that resolution before you do it, again another problem, tbh I think your only way out of this is to re do it in illustrator or another program.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Or if you don't have Acrobat, CutePDF is a great free & easy app for printing anything to a PDF instead of a printer. Either way, I'd say you might have problems at 300dpi if you have any images embedded - make sure they're high resolution if at all possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Thanks guys!

Basically I had to re-do it all again in Photoshop....bit of a pain but at least I know for the future!

Cheers for the help!

(and down with Publisher!)

Advertisement