Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ryan Adams

• 30-01-2006 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

Anybody any idea if he'l play Ireland, just heard the new album "29" and loved it. "Jacksonville City......" and "Cold Roses" were good but the I prefer him without the band.

He's playing a series of gigs in the UK at the end of Feb.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,849 ✭✭✭✭28064212

I'd say it's unlikely, hasn't played here in a few years and he's done a couple of UK tours. I heard a rumour of some sort of argument last time he did the Olympia (which I missed because my local ticketmaster's machine was broken) and that's why he hasn't come back, don't know how much truth is in it though.

And if those three albums are the only one's you have, you're really missing out, get Gold, Heartbreaker, Love is Hell 1 & 2, Demolition and you can try RockNRoll, not to everyone's tastes though. Then go back to his old band Whiskeytown, their albums are Pnuemonia, Faithless Street and Stranger's Almanac, all great. Rural Free Delivery is another one, but it's out of print and can be hard to get a hold of

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

28064212 wrote:
    I'd say it's unlikely, hasn't played here in a few years and he's done a couple of UK tours. I heard a rumour of some sort of argument last time he did the Olympia

I was at this "infamous" gig.
    He played 50 mins straight from RnR... then came on for one encore song, "I see Monsters" solo acoustic that just blew everyone away.
    And that was it.... and some crowd weren't happy.
    Lots of boos and annoyed people.
    The rumour was he allegedly got into an altercation with an abusive fan and supposedly got arrested, and after this he has been banned by the Dublin Venues association ... or some association like that.

I met him after this gig and didn't see anything happen. He was in good form and signed stuff and let us take pics with him.... (as you can see below:) ).
    Always surprised he seems to have snubbed Dublin, after those other 2 wonderful back-to-back nights in the Olympia a few years ago.
    During his 2nd last tour, there was a rumour a Dublin gig was going to be announced, but then he broke his wrist at the Liverpool gig and cancelled.
    And then his was scheduled to play Glasto last year, and another Dublin comeback was on the cards, but he pulled out of that through illness.

I guess the UK ain't so far away with cheap flights, but it's still annoying the Dublin dates never get arranged.

Huge fan myself... love Whiskeytown... ask you can tell from my username ;)

ryanadams1ap.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

ye heard that story bout him being heckled or something and getting in a fight. dunno how true it is though.

Advertisement