Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost to build Roadstone Hallmark per sq m

Options
  • 30-01-2006 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hi All,

Can anyone give me any estimate on the costs per m/sq for building Roadstone hallmark brick. I have received a few quotes but they seem to be very high.

I am supplying the brick for the job. I am getting quotes of 60 euros a sq meter plus vat from local bricklayers. I am based in the northeast. There is about 270 sq meters in total as I am doing the whole house in it too so it will be one of my biggest expenses in the build. All the bricklayers I have talked to include window and door opes too in the area calculation to allow for the extra work to build it around them too.Does anyone know is this normal practice and is this price high?

Lastbuilders

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Carb

I had about 265 sqms to build. my quotes all came in at about €45 per sqm to build, so the entire job cost 17800. I'm paying in cash, so I assume VAT would have been extra. He supplied his own scaffolding and teleporter. I had 13k worth of window (ie a lot of glass)but the brickies generally do not allow for this. Where abouts in the North east are you becasue that's where I'm from too.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭lastbuilders

I am building in Cavan. If you could get 45 a sq meter I would love to know the name of your brickie. BTW if it was 45 * 265 this should come to 11925. Was ther some extra that brought it to 17800?

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Carb

Oops, meant 365 sqm. I should say my quotes varied a liitle, some quoted based on 365 sqm, some at 390 sqm and I suppose some were at € 45 per sqm and some may have been closer to € 50 per sqm. Anyway, I'll pm you his details later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭beolight

can you pm me details also:)

Advertisement