Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRMA Woes

• 30-01-2006 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

Hey lads,
    Just wondering does anybody know anyone that has received a caution or prosecution letter from the irma ? If you do, please contact me either in this thread or via pm (if you wish to remain anonymous). If you have no idea what I'm talking about, please checkout http://www.irma.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

do you get one???

I dont think this has anything to do with politics.

Moving to Broadband

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

do you get one???

I guess you mean did I get one? No I didn't, but I'm definately interested in talking to people who did. There's a few of us thinking of putting up a website about what is going on, to keep the public informed, and we need all the information we can get. The website's aims will be to help educate the people who have gotten these letters, about what they can do and what road to take.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

College netsocs get them the odd time. They're usually pretty simple. Along the lines of... You're hosting X-artist music on your site. Please remove it. ... It gets removed. E-mail them back to say that's done and that's it.

I've personally never seen an IRMA letter other than that I'm afraid.

halenger wrote:
    College netsocs get them the odd time. They're usually pretty simple. Along the lines of... You're hosting X-artist music on your site. Please remove it. ... It gets removed. E-mail them back to say that's done and that's it.

I've personally never seen an IRMA letter other than that I'm afraid.

Hmm, interesting. Would you happen to have a copy of the letter(s)?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

sjones wrote:
    There's a few of us thinking of putting up a website about what is going on, to keep the public informed,

If thats the aim it might be no harm to tell us wtf is going on rather than asking for people who have got letters in a very cryptic manner :v:

I assume the IRMA are sending letters to people who are using P2P programs. Either that or you are importing cheap CDs from hong kong ...

Wicknight wrote:
    If thats the aim it might be no harm to tell us wtf is going on rather than asking for people who have got letters in a very cryptic manner :v:

I assume the IRMA are sending letters to people who are using P2P programs. Either that or you are importing cheap CDs from hong kong ...

All will be revealed when we launch the site :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Wicknight wrote:

There's already a huge thread about this... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054880070

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭tck

Wicknight wrote:

What harm is it causing you ? in fact if you aint received a letter why do you care, some sort of altruist?

cryptic ? 'Just wondering does anybody know anyone that has received a caution or prosecution letter from the irma'

Maybe just maybe they dont want their name revealed but want to share the letter with the original poster.

It's not like you are going to help out anyway if this site gets underway, just being nosey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

If you got a letter then talk to http://www.digitalrights.ie or post on their forum.

• Advertisement
Advertisement