Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Mac Game

Options
  • 30-01-2006 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, anyone know the game I am thinking of?

It was a game for the old Macs (way before the iMac). You were a knight trying to get through a castle. It had a bit where you were in a cave with ropes swinging from the ceiling and bats coming down to get you.

Very basic game but before I had my first computer I would spend hours playing it in my uncles study. Possibily my first computer game, would have been around 8 or 9 (1987).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

Sounds like Dark Castle which I used to have.

Bloody hard and you had to throw rocks at the bats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

columok wrote:
    Sounds like Dark Castle which I used to have.

Bloody hard and you had to throw rocks at the bats.

Dark Castle! Thats it ... Sir I tip my hat to you, you have made my day :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

You're how old now?

Only messing. Does anyone remember some game on the mega drive or amiga or something. You had cars and raced against eachother. Each car had it's own character. The only one I remember is some adroid. It had some stats of the char you played and this guy was 700 years old with an IQ of like 1000 or something. Anyway each car had it's own special powers like oil slicks or missiles or something. You could buy parts for your car in a shop that had a chick in a swimsuit there.

Anyone remember it? It rocked

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

:)

Rock 'n Roll Racing by Blizzard. I had it for the NES. There's a small playable demo of the GBA version (via flash) on their website.

http://www.blizzard.com/blizzclassic/index.shtml#rocknrollracing

Naww man that aint it :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

You're how old now?

Only messing. Does anyone remember some game on the mega drive or amiga or something. You had cars and raced against eachother. Each car had it's own character. The only one I remember is some adroid. It had some stats of the char you played and this guy was 700 years old with an IQ of like 1000 or something. Anyway each car had it's own special powers like oil slicks or missiles or something. You could buy parts for your car in a shop that had a chick in a swimsuit there.

Anyone remember it? It rocked

Sounds like a lot of racing games from that era (they all had weapons like oil slicks and missles, and you could always buy upgrades, normally from a girl).

Do you mean the cars were actually characters? Like had faces and stuff? It wasn't Stunt Race FX on the SNES?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stunt_Race_FX

Nope they just had characters driving the cars. You didn't actually buy from a woman but there was a chick in a bikini standing beside the counter. God damn it it's actually been wrecking my head for ages now but I cant give any more info really. There was a 2 player split screen option if thats any help.

edit: When you chose your character it had a grid of 4x2 or something with mugshots of the characters and their stats. I think the guy with 1000 IQ was called Andrew or something.

Advertisement