Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business project...

Options
  • 30-01-2006 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

Am looking for help with finding information on the internet regarding business diversification. Specifically, moving from the farming business to plant hire. I am looking for the theory and business practices behind such a move. thanks in advance, any help would be a great help with finishing this project.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Well, the theory around diversification seems to rotate around product diversification and market diversification, i.e., selling new products to the same customers vs selling the same products to new customers.

What you are talking about would mean selling a new product to new customers. Tough, but I guess it could be done, if you could get enough capital, finance and expertise.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭danyosan

Sorry I think i may have worded what I was looking for wrongly. I am actually doing a project for the final year of a degree. I have chosen to do the thesis on the above subject and was looking for links to use articles from. thanks for the advice though.

I thought you were just wondering what we thought.

Have you considered doing research?

If you haven't much time, I recommend reading through the last five years or so of back issues of the HBR.

It's the research i am looking for help with. Wondered if anyone new of any good websites where i could get good info.

What's wrong with the HBR? Have you tried it?

• Advertisement

What is the HBR?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

danyosan wrote:
    It's the research i am looking for help with. Wondered if anyone new of any good websites where i could get good info.
    In general the stuff on the internet will be of little use to you. The quality of the free information available is not high enough or reputable enough to cite in a thesis. (just take a look around here)

Don't know what university you are in but you'll more than likely have access to journals in the library (online in all likelihood). Stuff like the HBR (Harvard Business Review) and journals specific to farming, diversification, etc. This is where you should be looking.

Thats excellent paschalnee, thanks for that. I was struggling to find anything useful on the internet to be honest. Again, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭REDZ

ucd have access to the lexis nexis its amazing

Advertisement