Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Tyres

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

They operate a DIY service :)

There is a list of recommended fitters on their site though, in case you have trouble finding someone willing to fit them for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

i've used 'eiretyres' 4 times in the past and have never had any trouble what so ever with them.would highly recommend.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

mondeoman wrote:
    i've used 'eiretyres' 4 times in the past and have never had any trouble what so ever with them.would highly recommend.

Excellent news , that's what I wanted to hear .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

I used them once and had a little grief - not the end of the world type grief, so I would use them again in the future.

I bought tyres off them, only to have an email 4 days later saying the tyres I wanted (Yoko A539) were out of stock, so they offered some similarly-priced none-descript econo-tyre in exchange. That's understandable, but it took me three emails and 4 phone calls to get them to cancel the order as I found the Yokos local to me. Even then they had not properly cancelled the order, so got an email from them saying that since I had not responded to them they would be refunding my money.

So... product & price = good, customer service = inefficient

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Some places I know of will generally match their price, or be cheaper once fitting is taken into account. They do have a good reputation though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I bought 2 tyres off them a couple of weeks ago. The price I got Goodyear F1s for was still cheaper than what anywhere local to me was offering cheap tat, or the dreaded Nankings. In fact, places like Advance were saying "sure what do you want good tyres for?".

I had them fitted/balanced when I was getting the car serviced and tracked.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I ordered 4 Goodyear F1s from them a few weeks ago. Twelve days later, they sent me an e-mail stating that they couldn't get the tyres, but that my credit card had not been charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

I bought a Michelin Pilot tyre before Christmas off them. Price was about 40 euro cheaper than anywhere here. Had the tyre in about 4/5 days. Great service, would highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,404 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Before you go ahead, ring around the usual fitters and haggle and play them out against each other. First time I tried and compared with Eiretyres was actually cheaper for me not to go Eiretyres and the second time there was only €20 in it for two high end tyres including fitting, not enough of a saving for me for the hassle compared with the usual fitters

As always, shop around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

mondeo man could you tell me where u get them fitted thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,404 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

drdre wrote:

You can find all the places that have agreed to fit Eiretyres tyres for a fixed price on their website

drdre wrote:
    sandyford tyre centere
    Sandyford road
    Dundrum, Dublin 16
    phone number: 012955305

my friend;)

I also got goodyear eagles f1's 215/45 17r ,wow brilliant,but i heard they don't last long,less than 10'000 miles.
    i just hope im wrong as i got 30'000 out of a pair of nct 5's(goodyear)

• Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭LFCFan

I got 4 Dunlop SP3000A Tyres fitted locally for €380. Eiretyres wanted €382 for the 4 tyres. Like it's been said, Shop Around! Online is not always the best option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭djeclips

Have nothing but good things to say about them,except the tyres were sitting on the front door step when I arrived home from work...you know your self...Stickey fingures!
    Ordered two Dunlop SP9000 on the thursday night before newyears,arrived the following thursday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Have heard only good reprots about eiretyres, but I've heard a few people say that they got silmilar prices for fitted locally.
    Personally, I use www.falkentyres.co.uk - I use the ZE512 17/255/40 x2 and ZE512 17/235/45 x2 (Rear and Front), which were delivered to me for €390 ex vat. Cost €50 to get them fitted and balanced. Had been quoted €800+ for the same tyres locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I need 4 Michelin Primacy 225/50x16 and Advance want €250 each !!

Eiretyres are €175 !

Thats a big saving even after paying for fitting !

Anyone know a Michelin stockist ..............nobody seem to keep them !

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I had to get 4 new tyres for the Alfa - got Bridgestone 205/55 16" from a place in Bray at €125 each. I will check the exact model or whatever you call a type of tyre, but I think the list price was about €145, but because I was getting the full set, I got a discount.

Looking at eiretyres, the cheapest similar bridgestones are €95.40 each. If they are the same tyres, then that would have been about €120 cheaper. I don't know how much fitting them would cost though. And that's if they are the same tyre.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

eoin_s wrote:
    I had to get 4 new tyres for the Alfa - got Bridgestone 205/55 16" from a place in Bray at €125 each. I will check the exact model or whatever you call a type of tyre, but I think the list price was about €145, but because I was getting the full set, I got a discount.

Looking at eiretyres, the cheapest similar bridgestones are €95.40 each. If they are the same tyres, then that would have been about €120 cheaper. I don't know how much fitting them would cost though. And that's if they are the same tyre.

Just checked my wheels, and they are the same tires:
    http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/reifenbestellen.pl?typ=R-103782&dsco=24

Would have been a nice saving had I known about the site in time. Presumably getting them fitted wouldn't have been that much?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I just checked with my local dealer and he can beat the eiretyres price for the Michelin, which I was surprised to hear !

I looked at the Falken site and the are about stg£60 each which works out to be about €90 odd plus shipping plus fitting !

Malahide Tyres will work out cheaper than anyone for the Michelins and said he can get Bridgestone or Continental even cheaper !

I ordered the Michelins since they are exactly what is on it now and they lasted 35k and still have a good bit left..........they just look scabby !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

What are the Falken tyres like? Prices seem fantastic but are they up there in quality and wear?

I need to replace my two back ones on my 530d. Any recommendations? - Dunlop SP2000 on the at the moment.

• Advertisement

redman wrote:

I need to replace my two back ones on my 530d. Any recommendations? - Dunlop SP2000 on the at the moment.

i can highly recommend goodyear f1s(quite expensive though)
    or goodyear nct 5's (great tyre also)
    or uniroyle rally 550's
    just my own experience f1s are the best iv used.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

thanks mondeoman, eiretyres have goodyear eagle F1 GS-D3 @162.90 each.

Are these the ones?
    Great prices

redman wrote:
    thanks mondeoman, eiretyres have goodyear eagle F1 GS-D3 @162.90 each.

Are these the ones?
    Great prices

yeah thats them,if you mess about with the sizes ie,get a slightly higher profile or narrower tyre,sometime you can save a few quid.
    they must be very wide tyres for the price.
    the ones i got were 215/45 17r & they were €137.00 each.& at the time the
    225/45 17 were cheaper.
    but they are EXCELLIENT tyres & they stick to the ground like glue:D
    best of luck m8,they would be perfect for a 530D;)
    http://www.eiretyres.com/Tyres.html
    http://www.eiretyres.com/Tyres.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bmw330

used Eiretyres twice now. First time no probs. last time delivery was extremely slow and when they did deliver they sent the wrong size. I could not wait any longer and so sourced the tyre locally. Now I am having trouble getting a refund. 3 weeks later and the wrong tyres still not collected and money still not refunded.

I'll let you know how i get on.

Watch this space......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

They were quoting me 45 quid a corner for the Herald, and I got them fitted at the local place for 190 all in. That's a tenner in the difference, and I doubt I'd have got them all fitted for a tenner.
    Plus I know the guys there now from going in and out with the 3 cars we have. That counts for a lot when you're in an emergency.

Advertisement