Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2006 Razzies Announced.

• 30-01-2006 5:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭

The annual Golden Razzie nominees have been announced. Any surprises? Anything missing?

Worst Screenplay:
    Bewitched
    Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo
    Dirty Love
    The Dukes of Hazzard
    Son of the Mask

Worst Movie:
    Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo
    Dirty Love
    Dukes of Hazzard
    House of Wax
    Son of the Mask

Worst Actor
    Tom Cruise (War of the Worlds)
    Will Ferrell (Bewitched and Kicking & Screaming)
    Jamie Kennedy (Son of the Mask)
    The Rock (Doom)
    Rob Schneider (Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo)

Worst Actress
    Jessica Alba (Fantastic Four and Into the Blue)
    Hilary Duff (Cheaper by the Dozen 2 and The Perfect Man)
    Jennifer Lopez (Monster in Law)
    Jenny McCarthy (Dirty Love)
    Tara Reid (Alone in the Dark)

Worst Director
    John Asher (Dirty Love)
    Ewe Boll (Alone in the Dark)
    Jay Chandrasekhar (The Dukes of Hazzard)
    Nora Ephron (Bewitched)
    Lawrence Gutterman (Son of the Mask)

Other awards here: http://www.razzies.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

Hopefully Deuce Bigalow will walk away with the top ones. I for one loved it. It's the kind of film that would proudly present razzies on it's dvd box.

There's always a few razzies that make no sense... Tom Cruise for worst actor? That's a bit reactionary isn't it? The rest of them seem on the ball this year. Particularly Uwe Boll. Although he doesn't even deserve an award for bad direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

House of Wax is a little unfair, it did make me laugh in fairness. Wolfcreek, Alone in the dark and House of the Dead should be up there before House of Wax!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

House of the Dead came out in 2003..... and I liked Wolf Creek!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

House of Wax was actually quite okay. As was bewitched and especially Kicking and Screaming, I loved that.

Some of those "awards" seem based on personal preference then actual disputable talent. EG Tom Cruise in War of the Worlds, I mean fair enough you mightn't like him but could anyone genuinely say he's the worst actor to hit the screen this year? I don't think so, not by a long shot, and the same for Will Ferrel.

But Duece Bigalow European Gigalo should walk away with every single award, that was the WORST film I've ever seen in the cinema. Doom, another listee here, for example, is a crap film and I hated it. Deuce Bigalow takes that to a whole new level of disbelief. Anyone that's seen it would understand.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

TmB wrote:
    House of the Dead came out in 2003..... and I liked Wolf Creek!

Sorry now but im thinking of a film with dead in the title but I cant remember it. Cant belive you liked Wolf Creek, it was that type of film that when it ends you say "is that it". I was just very unimpressed as it was released as a horror and it didnt work as a horror at all.

• Advertisement

Sorry now but im thinking of a film with dead in the title but I cant remember it. Cant belive you liked Wolf Creek, it was that type of film that when it ends you say "is that it". I was just very unimpressed as it was released as a horror and it didnt work as a horror at all.

Land of the dead? Now that was a brilliant piece of film.

And I personally also thought Wolf Creek was absolute crap, as did my girlfriend who has very similar tastes to myself. But everyone else seemed to like it so....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

shocked that stealth didnt get any nominations....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

What? No stealth on the list!

Edit: Damn you blitzkrieg for getting there before me.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

Where is The Ring 2...what complete sh*te

Retr0gamer wrote:
    What? No stealth on the list!

Edit: Damn you blitzkrieg for getting there before me.

HAH!

Vengence is mine!

(you got to name all the underrated games i loved, i get this little trophy.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

HavoK wrote:
    Land of the dead? Now that was a brilliant piece of film.

And I personally also thought Wolf Creek was absolute crap, as did my girlfriend who has very similar tastes to myself. But everyone else seemed to like it so....
    I actually thought Land Of The Dead was rubbish. However, I didm't find it so bad that it would deserve a Razzie nomination.

I'm surprised that Blade Trinity wasn't listed. Useless film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I am surprised there is no Land Of The Dead and I reserve my reasons.

isnt there some kind of basis to the razzies that the film has to be a hollywood blockbuster attempt to be nominated?

would explain why films like land of the dead (which i liked for the most part) and wolf creek are not in it. Both are independent i think.
    (Doesnt explain why Uwe Boll is in there though.)

But stealth and Blade: Trinity, not sure about them, i would see them as blockbusters, but maybe they just dont have neough money behind them to deserve a kicking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

I think the worst supporting actress is the most difficult to call. They all deserve it! I hope Jessica Alba gets worst leading actress, she's brutal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I love that in interviews Jessica Alba honestly believes that she is choosen for the parts because of her acting ability. Hasn't she noticed she is either in a bikini or underwear in every film she has been in.

To be fair I wouldn't say Jessica Alba is a crap actor, but she's really no better then average in an industry which is getting more and more average as it goes along with all these "Blockbusters". Hollywood is just getting lazy! Although there will always be excellent films, and there still are, there's just alot more crap filtering through these days....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

HavoK wrote:
    To be fair I wouldn't say Jessica Alba is a crap actor, but she's really no better then average in an industry which is getting more and more average as it goes along with all these "Blockbusters". Hollywood is just getting lazy! Although there will always be excellent films, and there still are, there's just alot more crap filtering through these days....

I would say she's crap. She's absolutely dreadful in The Fantastic Four, I've never cringed so much watching somebody trying to act.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Lochaber

I can't believe Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous isn't on there tbh, but I suppose if they're limited to 5...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

ah deuce bigalo is too easy, how did that do at the box office anyway

never seen it but attempted to watch animal but then it turned out to be about film about a man wanting to sex with animals so I stopped watching it.

I didn't see dirty love but I'd vote Jenny McCarthy as a terrible unfunny gurner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Yes, where is Stealth, and also Red Eye? Two absolutely brutal films. If Hollywood blockbuster weren't a requirement then I'd suggest The Descent. All the women in that should be nominated as worst actress/supporting actress, and then eaten by monsters :D

Fantastic Four deserves more nominations than just Jessica Alba too. Ironically, she's actually the only good thing about the movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

red eye, yea. the descent, no. was a good horror flick i thought as did the cinema i was in. screams throughout. which is what horror films are about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Banner

The descent was quite good I thought. They wasted a nomination on "Deuce Bigilo" everyone knew it would be rubbish anyway. So there was no point. It should have been something like "The Island" that was terrible. Jarhead I saw last night. Snore Snore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

jor el wrote:
    Yes, where is Stealth, and also Red Eye? Two absolutely brutal films. If Hollywood blockbuster weren't a requirement then I'd suggest The Descent. All the women in that should be nominated as worst actress/supporting actress, and then eaten by monsters :D

Fantastic Four deserves more nominations than just Jessica Alba too. Ironically, she's actually the only good thing about the movie.

You must be mad ? The descent was a great low budget horror movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

I don't agree with the inclusion of Tom Cruise. I haven't seen Get rich or die tryin' but from all the reports I've heard, 50 cent could have been nominated instead. Or are they just afraid of him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Can't disagree with Jessica Alba, I've seen both of her nominated films and her performances weren't all that good at all.

As for worst film, House of Wax wasn't as bad as many people made it out to be, seriously! It definately was one of the weaker films of 2005 but I don't think it was the worst one. Others might think differently though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Tusky wrote:
    You must be mad ? The descent was a great low budget horror movie.
    Indeed I am mad. Mad I paid money to watch that tripe. It was boring, predictable, annoying and in the end I just wanted all those stupid biatches to die.

Anyway, there are far too many bad films to fit into a category of just 5. Like the Oscars, it's all a big fix. The actual good films hardly ever win Oscars, and the really bad ones never get the Razzie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

At least StarWarsEp3 didn't get any this time (I presume? Can't get the site to load). Ep1+2 have 14noms and 3wins between them which I thought a little unfair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

The nominees are easy predictions. They could of probably been predicted before cinema release. I agree with the few that said Red Eye. I thought it was poor. If that was Wes Craven's idea of getting away from horrors he should maybe think again.
    Thought The Fog and Four Brothers might of got in there.....absolute tripe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Tom Cruise shouldn't win for worst actor, but he should most definitely win if there's a "most annoying celebrity of the year" award. I swear I was ready to fly over and smack him in the face this year after all his scientology-bullsh1t and smoozing over his boring girlfriend. After the last year, I could not be less interested in anything this nutcase has to say.... about ANYTHING

• Advertisement
Advertisement