Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro Broadband / Limerick Related

• 30-01-2006 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

Anyone here got Metro Broadband, its just I live in Caherdavin on the old cratloe road, I have been told I cant get due not having line of sight with woodcock hill. Anyone live Caherdavin and have metro is the question.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

Willem D wrote:
    Anyone here got Metro Broadband, its just I live in Caherdavin on the old cratloe road, I have been told I cant get due not having line of sight with woodcock hill. Anyone live Caherdavin and have metro is the question.
    Will u sure you dont have LOS to woodcock hill? you should do, but i taught it was on the clarion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

No, Woodcock Hill.

It's possible to not have LOS to there from Caherdavin (The RTE mast, not the hill generally). Certinally a very clear view from Coonagh Roundabout. Did anyone survey or have they got your address correct? I'd imagine most of Caherdavin is OK.

I'd have thought a pole on the chimney should do it. The flat array antenna is neither large nor heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Woodcock Hill is up at the back of cratloe so why would I have problems with a good antenna.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

Willem D wrote:
    Woodcock Hill is up at the back of cratloe so why would I have problems with a good antenna.
    If you can see it from your house you can connect to it, i dont think you would have a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭cargo

You probably mentioned the Old Cratloe Road to the sales people when you were ordering and they looked at their map saw "Cratloe Village" and said no LOS.

Best option is to ring again and say you're in Caherdavin in the City....There's plenty of visibility of the RTE transmitter in Woodcock around there unless you're hiding under a bush or something!!! :D

• Advertisement

The woman seemed a little unsure about the whole area like , she seemed to think I would only get it I lived in Castetroy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Willem D my man whats up. I have metro and it works perfect in Caherdavin
    I really don see why you wouldnt have a perfect LOS, You still live in the same place? You know Willam Wallace Lives up on the Old Cratloe Roadnext to the bus stop, Ya well he has metro and its perfect he never had a problem with los or wot not. Old Cratloe Road Has a perfect LOS :eek:

Ok I think the house at the back of me has Metro because they have an antenna on quite large pole on their chimmney which has recently been installed. The recieved is square of sort and has a greenish tick on it.

Apart from all that , I would like to know how this technology works. I have a number phones throughout the house cordless ones that is. Will these still work with metro. I also have quite a good wireless router will I still need this or will metro's router be sufficent.

Btw again ricey thanks for the advice I posted in the other thread in the limerick forum, thanks again man.

Advertisement