Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro Broadband / Limerick Related

Options
  • 30-01-2006 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

Anyone here got Metro Broadband, its just I live in Caherdavin on the old cratloe road, I have been told I cant get due not having line of sight with woodcock hill. Anyone live Caherdavin and have metro is the question.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

You might have a better chance of getting ripwave in Cahirdavin to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I want to progress not go completely backwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

You might have a better chance of getting ripwave in Cahirdavin to be honest.

Funny Billy that was a joke, Right?

Willem D you know Willam Wallace dont you? He lives near enough to
    you and he has metro with no problmes los or anything. I also have it
    and never really had a problem 4mb all the way.
    Did Digiweb say you aint got a LOS ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Willem D wrote:
    Anyone here got Metro Broadband, its just I live in Caherdavin on the old cratloe road, I have been told I cant get due not having line of sight with woodcock hill. Anyone live Caherdavin and have metro is the question.

Has it been tested?

Dont accept failure unless it has been tested. I am on the other side of the city and way out in the sticks and I can get it. I had the best signal that the installers had seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I do ya Ricey , sound man thanks for the advice he is like just up the road from me.

• Advertisement

True Willem if he can get it you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Garryowen

Have the Digiweb Metro, I live on the Fr. Russell Road. Jury still out as far as I am concerned.

It took nearly 10 weeks before I got connected to broadband.

6 weeks later got the phone connected.

Phone not very good so far as regards sound quality.

Broadband getting me nowwhere near 3mps lucky to get 2mps and for a few days last week it was not working at all.

Tech support very slow to respond to calls ( if they respond at all)

Hope the service improves, woulds hate to drop them but.....................

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

in all fairness now I've found them to be very good..i came from IBB and that shower are an utter disgrace..reckon there are lots of brown envelopes flyin around between NTR and cullen or whatever idiot is now in charge of roads and communications....anyway issue is now resolved in limerick since sat evening ...
    also ur never going to reach 3mb..closest i get is about 2.85 which is great..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭TheGreatest

Moved to Metro from EsatBT 3 weeks ago, had a failure for 2 days but as far as we know that was't digiweb's problem. TBH it is a fantastic service. 2.85 all the way:)

I always get 4mb down 1mb up its never been slow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 shane2005

Have had it a week ( was waiting only 12 days)-tried the phone last night.Crystalclear but occasional split second pauses like the call waiting effect. Am going to test it for another while before I ditch eircom. Can't complain about broadband.

Advertisement