Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Queuebuster turned off?

• 30-01-2006 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭

I'm on hold to BT customer care and haven't been offered a callback. I've been listening to music for an age without even a recorded message to say they're busy. Got the same earlier this afternoon.

Have they all given up and gone home?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

Yeah, you really want to call them at 9 in the morning. I'd say I called them about 30 times regarding my connection which took 6 weeks. They're a bunch of idiots. They'll even tell you that themselvs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

last time i rang them was friday, did the queue buster thing and it took them 4 and a half hours to ring me back,

glad i didnt wait.....

tell everyone to avoid bt broadband

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mad Mike

Just to get it off my chest again here is a quick summary of my own experiences with BT:

Ordered BT broadband over internet
    +2weeks - chased it up to find order had been lost. Ordered again over the phone.
    +2 more week - chased it up to find there was some other screwup - orderd again over the phone.
    +2 more weeks - BT install broadband in my name in someone elses house. I only discover this when the neighbour comes around with a package containing a modem addressed to me at their house.
    +2 more weeks - Multiple emails and phone calls later finally convince BT that they have screwed up and convince them to install broadband in the right house.
    +4 more weeks - Chased up to find that there will be more delays.
    + 4 more weeks - broadband finally working. Rang the technical support line for help and was pleasantly surprised to find them genuinely helpful. Yeah. Worth the wait. All is forgotten.
    + 4 more weeks - Get a final demand from BT insisting I pay for the broadband installation in someone elses house. - Grrghhhhhh - Multiple emails and many hours waiting on hold later I finally convince them that I dont have to pay for their screwup.
    + 8 more weeks - Another screwup BT bill arrives and I am overcharged about $50. Multiple emails and many hours on hold later they accept their mistake and agree to refund me

The saga continues......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

Try ringing this number. 1800 924131.
    A "customer service rep" gave it to me a couple of months ago. It'll jump you to the top of the Q.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

One of my mates asked what happened. THey said that they're just not doing it any more.

Massively incompetent front line service.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Queuebuster working again today. Got a callback within about 90 minutes. Had to hold for 10 minutes or more before I was offered a callback though.

Advertisement