Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrapins.

Options
  • 30-01-2006 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering does anyone have any info on terrapins? I haven't been able to find much information about these on the net. I was thinking about getting one or two. Has anyone got any and would like to tell me about them? If so I'd be grateful.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I have 6 now that have needed homing due to their size! They are easy to look after & will eat a variety of meats & prawns with some cheese for calcium - they will get BIG! when you see these tiny terrapins in the pet stores please remember that in a year or 4 they will be the size of a dinner plate!!!!

Buffy.jpg

This is a photo of my largest female Buffy the hand in the photo is my fathers - she is a big gal! They also live for a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG time Buffy is approx 40-50 years old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

She looks great for her age :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

She is stunning & in prime breeding condition :)

Try searching for care sheets for Red Eared Sliders. http://www.anapsid.org/reslider.html This is just one care sheet I found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

I don't know a great deal about them but a friend of mine recently got 2. They're very small at the moment and absolutely adorable, each with very different personalties. He was also warned about the size issue though.

Advertisement