Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Filter???

Options
  • 30-01-2006 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

Just want to ask people if they where told when buying there house that the water is filtered? When we moved in our builder told us the water was filtered but in the past few weeks the water is a not very clear at all! I'm wondering if there is a place in the house or elsewhere(that the mangement company should do) that your able to refill salt into to reduce the hardness of the water.

Maybe there is no water filter system in Charlesland? I have a feeling there isn't....

Anyone else notice a change in the water recently??

K.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

keith123 wrote:
    Just want to ask people if they where told when buying there house that the water is filtered? When we moved in our builder told us the water was filtered but in the past few weeks the water is a not very clear at all! I'm wondering if there is a place in the house or elsewhere(that the mangement company should do) that your able to refill salt into to reduce the hardness of the water.

Maybe there is no water filter system in Charlesland? I have a feeling there isn't....

Anyone else notice a change in the water recently??

K.

Drinking water seems ok, but the other water is certainly not, it is brownish. I would be amazed if any of the water is "filtered"

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

Marcais wrote:
    Drinking water seems ok, but the other water is certainly not, it is brownish. I would be amazed if any of the water is "filtered"

Drinking water from where? Are you on about tap water?

keith123 wrote:
    Drinking water from where? Are you on about tap water?

Yes, the water to the kitchen tap seems fine, but the water to toilets and bathroom sinks is dirty looking. My neighbour's is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

water to the kitchen tap comes directly from the main. water to other taps comes from the cold water tank in the attic (which is itself fed from the main). Presumably the water from the attic tank has to go through more and narrower copper pipes so maybe thats why it looks brown\green.

You should only drink water from the kitchen tap anyway.

loyatemu wrote:
    water to the kitchen tap comes directly from the main. water to other taps comes from the cold water tank in the attic (which is itself fed from the main). Presumably the water from the attic tank has to go through more and narrower copper pipes so maybe thats why it looks brown\green.

You should only drink water from the kitchen tap anyway.

Tanks for that !! I'd say most people would know that it mightn't be a good idea to drink from anywhere else other than the kitchen tap.

The water should not be anywhere however, and as my neighbours water is the same yellowish colour as mine, I'd imagine that it's not caused by our respective water tanks, it wasn't always this colour either, so something went wrong somewhere.

The tap water looks clear in a pint glass. I've now poured some water out of the kitchen tap into the white sink in the bathroom! And, it does also have a yellowish hue, I'd imagine that it should not be like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

Thats why I'm wondering if there is suppose to be some salt refilling point that goes in to reduce the hardness(discolouring) of the water.

My kitchen tap water doesn't look very clear lately

keith123 wrote:
    Thats why I'm wondering if there is suppose to be some salt refilling point that goes in to reduce the hardness(discolouring) of the water.

My kitchen tap water doesn't look very clear lately

No, I don't believe that there is anything. Contact Durkans and the Council ( I contacted Durkans, they told me to contact the council!)

Advertisement