Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What broadband provider is best?

• 30-01-2006 7:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My sister was asking me where she should go to get her broadband. I have been using ESAT (iol broadband) and have had no problems so far. My dad has been using eircom and this has been a disaster from the start (its working now but at only 1/3 the speed we paid for).

I would recommend ESAT but she say's that they are more expensive than alot of the other one's. Can someone recommend one that is cheap but reliable?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

she say's that they are more expensive than alot of the other one's

Thats wrong....they are the cheapest eircom bitstream reseller around.

Only LLU would be cheaper if you are in their area that it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

Hi,

My sister was asking me where she should go to get her broadband. I have been using ESAT (iol broadband) and have had no problems so far. My dad has been using eircom and this has been a disaster from the start (its working now but at only 1/3 the speed we paid for).

I would recommend ESAT but she say's that they are more expensive than alot of the other one's. Can someone recommend one that is cheap but reliable?

Thanks
    Depends where she is located.
    i would say
    Smart
    Ntl
    Magnet
    Digiweb Metro
    Digiweb Metro adsl
    Esat/eircom/UTV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭cyberwit

I have NTL €24.99 A Month first three months free in stallion, technical support, email, webspace, modem (You pay for the modem after the first year I believe)

Download 1000kbps
    Upload 100kbps
    Contention 17:1

"I believe NTL will be increasing speed of there Broadband services don't quote me on that"

http://www.broadband.gov.ie/bbinfo/home.aspx

Is a government website which has a list of all broadband services available which gives details of upload and download speeds etc and the different services available around the country? Hope it of some use :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

Smarts prices, all unlimited download/upload:
    €10: 3Mb/ 256k
    €20: 4Mb/ 384k
    €30: 5Mb/ 512k
    €40: 6Mb/ 512k

All prices are excluding the €25 per month line rental

Advertisement