Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My first album relased! (ambient/space)

• 30-01-2006 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Some of you have listened to some of my stuff in the past and now you can go mad and download a compete album called "Etoile Nord".

Its priced at just £3.50 which is about a fiver. And thats for 50 mins of music which sounds like a bargin to me :) If you are interested most tracks can be previewed in the form of an mp3 snippet.

FutureMusicCorp%20small.jpg

Make me happy and buy something that pays repeated listening as you work at your keyboard.

If you should take the plunge please write me a short review, feedback is always welcome.

Here's the direct link All plastic accepted.

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭base2

If it were free I probably wouldnt even listen to it.

Great strategy to get stuff out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

enjoyed your past few offerings, and i've got a few quid in my paypal account going unused...

grabbing it now:)

/edit
    where be the paypal payment option?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dang! Sorry Tman for some reason (which I'll inquire about) downloads are only payable with credit/debit cards. :(

base2, why post?

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I'd say he's being sincere - human psychology being that funny thing that it is, I'd say people would actually be more likely to pay a fiver to listen to something (meaning you're buying something that has been vetted by someone and deemed worthy for sale?) than to download something for free, bearing in mind that any muppet can put up free music these days.

Same reason why people feel safer paying (even a little bit) for a commercial server operating system rather than running linux :) It's like the fact that it needs to be payed for provides some sort of validation.

Ah! I get you Sico. I took it the wrong way..I think!

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

Mike, you should really be offering your album free of charge. Via peer 2 peer of direct download from your site. It's the best way to get your music out there. Believe me... people don't like paying for music these days.

My music has been free to download for years (going back to old MP3.com site era!) but damnit at some point you gotta raise your game.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I'm big into my Ambient but i no longer pay for music i download it for free ;)

PS-Good luck with the sales anyway

jonny68 wrote:
    I'm big into my Ambient but i no longer pay for music i download it for free ;)

That's the way of the world now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

god damn it!
    and there was me spending €80 on music today, when i could've just downloaded it all for free!

i'm such a muppet

• Advertisement

I wouldnt pay more than a euro for the finest album of electronice from a well establshed artist so just letting you know where you stand. I'm also a thieving knacker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Great attitude lads. :rolleyes:

Y'see if everyone thought that way, we'd all be back in the cave eating berries and bits of goat.

Mike.

If you consider your music commerciable, then you're just spamming the boards by coming on here.

I could get shirty with you base2 as you clearly have an attitude problem. If the mod considered this thread spam he'd have acted by now. I've posted links to my music (free music) for a few years now. Its hardly spam to make contact with peeps like Tman who have liked my stuff in the past.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

From what ive heard it sounds decent enough but as ive already said i personally no longer buy music anymore;)

come to think of it i haven't bought a cd (for myself) in almost a year. and i certainly have no plans to either.

Advertisement