Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signing up to Smart

• 30-01-2006 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭

Bout to sign up to smart, as ive heard they can now enable the phoneline so i dont have to go anywhere near eircon.

So im just wondering anyone out there gotten smart to re-enable their phone line?

How long does the process take?

How long does it take for the broadband to become active?

What details are needed.

I assume the old phone number is needed - how would i go about getting this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 sparkey02

my brother called Smart before Christmas and he was told this by smart for activating his line
    it usually takes 7-10 working days for smart to take over your line for call traffic from eircom this is the case if your phone line is inactive

if you had BB on your line prior to it being disconected it may be a case that the device on your line is still able to send the siginal down your line once activated ,in this case it could take 5-6-7 weeks even longer in some cases to get smart BB on your line

if you didnt have BB on your line at any stage, with reactivation on your line now, it takes aprox 20-25 working days

my brother went with smart on the line activation and BB and it took the 25 working days to get set up this is the case with him as he didnt have BB on his line before

as it was a line activation nothing was needed from him regarding Eircom just the address of the house you live in this way smart can request the line from that address ,smart did the rest of the work for him

I hope this answers your question - but all cases are different so i would advice calling smart and asking them directly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 holden

My Smart Broadband Sign-up:

1. Submitted Order for Broadband and phone line re-activation in Mid-December.
    2. Eircom did not release lines until first week of January.
    3. Called Smart and got a connection date of the 23rd of January.
    4. 23rd of January -> no modem, no dialtone.
    5. Called Smart and got told that there's been delays by Eircom.
    9. Called Smart and got told that there's been delays by Eircom.
    10. Called Smart again today (2/1/2006) for updates and got told that there's been issues.
    11. Got told that my order process has to start again today (2/1/2006) and that it's 5-10 working days in the best case until i get connected.

I guess for most of the Smart customers it works out alright and once connected the service works flawlessly. As for me, I've missed out on 2 months of free 6mbit upgrades and I'm a bit disappointed with and even more disillusioned about the experience I've had so far.

Peace,
    holden

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

was with digiweb dsl and am in the process of signing up for smart. Digiweb turned off my DSL and issued my cancellation number 2 days after I emailed them (last Friday) and smart sent me an email today to say that I'm in stage 3 of the sign up process and to expect my modem in a few days. Worryingly the DSL light is still lit on my Digiweb modem! Also smart lost my forms twice - but they were able to process everything over the phone in the end. Holden - how much of the delay do you think was down to the Christmas/new year holidays??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 holden

i'd say it was at least 2 weeks. they stopped releasing lines some days before christmas and then started again on january 3rd. i think even then they did drag their heels a bit... as for what's causing the long delay or the issues with my account now, i still have to find that out.
    the phoneline in the apartment was never activated before so i thought it would be a pretty straightforward setup. but i guess eircom can turn everything into a mess if they put their mind to it.

/holden

Advertisement