Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What to do here?

Options
  • 30-01-2006 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭

Here is the best pic i could get of it at the time.
    we come off a small 'secondary' road and turn left onto a main 'primary' road.
    Now in most cases like this, you just turn left and build up your speed until you can join the traffic on the main part of the road.
    But here, they have marked out a section of yellow lines/box(which I presume means you're not supposed to go through it..?), but then the yellow "box" ends and it looks like you are supposed to pull back into the "build-up-speed" area.
    Pic attatched.. if you dont get it i'll try using my photoshop skills..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What you are supposed to do is get killed by avoiding the hatched area.

Nah only joking! They are forcing you to wait unitl the road is clear then you turn onto it build up you're speed then join the climbing lane!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Seems quite odd and needlessly dangerous. Are there any other junctions in the immediate vicinity of the picture (apart from the one your car has just turned left onto the main road from)?

How far does that climbing lane run for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

Don't think there is any other junctions close by.
    I agree, it does seem needlessly dangerous.

Not sure how long it runs for.. maybe 250-300Metres...?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I've noticed a couple of these lately on the N7 in Laois,its very puzzling.One I recall is before a left hand junction in the hard shoulder.
    And the pic looks like one near Borris in Ossory

Seven Worlds will Collide

Advertisement