Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need Advice on Selling Car!

Options
  • 30-01-2006 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hello,

I've never sold a car before I used to always trade them in. What do I need to do in relation to the legal element of the sale i.e how do I change the name on the ownership register, how do I get the tax book and what do I need to do with it. I'm a total novice here. All advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

All you do is write the name and address of the new owner on the VLC (new lingo for log book) copy it (for purchaser) and post original to Shannon.

Simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

just ensure you don't owe any finance on hire purchase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭super103

Where will I get the log book??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭super103

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

there is no logbook. you will have either a Vehicle Registration Cert, or a Vehicle Licensing Cert (RF101), you should have got this sent to you when you bought your car.

• Advertisement
Advertisement