Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Packet loss/ping time outs with IBB in D15

• 30-01-2006 8:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭

Here we go again, more problems for me with IBB in D15 on the Atruim. MY dload speeds are ok ish between 50 and 150 k per sec and my pings are good 25-60 depending on the server, so far so good but here is my problem. I cant stay on a game server for more than 5 mins. Even with good pings I keep loosing my connection to the server getting messages like " Youre connection to the server has been lost."

So I did a ping -t to the server IP and good good pings but every 10-20 results were request time out, some times 2 and 3 times in a row. I then did a tractrt to same IB and found the problem seemed to be on the conection called ibis.irishbroadband. I`ll post up the actual results later on I dont have them on me right now.

So is any one else getting this type of problem? or is it just me. My net connection seems fine just the odd bit of packet loss. After a call to tech support today the guy on the phone said he could not help me and that he would sent my information along to second level. Is this just me or is any one else getting problems connecting to the ibis.IBB.

For those that dont know how to ckeck this you hit start then run and type cmd in the box. Then ping -t (some IP or web site ) then you can exit this with ctrl C. Also ya can see the route yer connection takes to said IP or web site by typing tracert www.boards.ie for example.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭gordonnet

its been like this in the churchfield mast in corksince the start of january. bad pings, anything between 10 and 20% packet loss, and slow speed, downloading from the heanet test site 35 - 40 kBytes / second:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

see my latest in the "NTL upgrade" thread :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well as it happens im getting great pings just disconnects from game servers. If you were just a downloader and the ocasional web browser in my boat you would not have a problem at all. Its a strange one and after 1 call to IBB yesterday there has been no change. How long should I give them? another 2 months?

Advertisement